Belfast Council approves reception for troops

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by foggy_balla, Sep 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Who'd have thunk it linky

Let's hope plenty turn out in support. Shame that in this new and improved Norn Iron some find it too difficult to let go of old prejudice's. I don't have a problem with the likes of shinners and their ilk wanting to stay away if they don't find they have much sympathy for the armed forces. It's the dicks who will go out of their way to attend the event simply to be offended that grip my shit. I for one will be there, sans le famile foggy.

2. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

ARRSE crawl after,Foggy?

3. If this can be done in Belfast, then there is no excuse for ANY town not to do the same in the rest of Britain?

4. Spike, why not mate. Impromptu pints are always a good idea. Be a good warm up for the post remembrance sunday pintage. Anyone else?

5. Wonder if I can convince the wife to drive home on her own and leave me in Belfast for a sesh.

6. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

We could always kidnap you!lol
    That way she wont blame you...

7. Quote=Sinn Féin's Paul Maskey said the council "now endorses the war in Afghanistan and Iraq".

"I think it's a very poor decision, and what this has also done is create a division within this city," he said.

How times change eh? :roll: and would that be the first time there's been a division in that city? On this subject, im not so sure that the city of Belfast would be divided about the homecoming of it's brave young men and women.

8. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

And a few weeks ago,Sinn Fein did'nt want an orange march to go ahead UNLESS they could have a march past the place where a 'wee innocent boy' (see murdering scumbag) was slotted by 'Them' to a memorial in his memory.Seens they want everything but are not prepared to compromise.

9. Spike I take it you know that Ards are having a parade as well ,all but one of the councillors voted for it ,the one who abstained is the only one from the Socialworkers Doctors and Lawyers Party (suprise suprise) who said the parade would be unhelpful to the community,in Ards FFS :x suprised he didn't get lynched.

10. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Cheers RUCFOREVER,
    I did read about it in the Ards Chronical a few weeks ago but could'nt find anything about it on 'tinternet.Certainly not on the Ards websh1te.

11. I'll be there. The band of the Provisional Army Council will be following me in full bagpipe order when I march down Chichester Street. Take aim.

12. Have they not disbanded? I thought it was now the the tin whistle and drum corps of the continuity army council?

13. Great news. Didn't think that they had it in em to agree to the homecoming parade.

Damn glad that they have though, it's a fitting welcome home for the lads.

F

14. Ho, Ho, Ho. Apparently, (if you believe the pixies in the IMC) they're still there, but not talking to each other, at all, or something. It's all to be revealed tomorrow, officially, apart from the leaks, and all will be Sunshine, Light and Truth.

Ho, Ho, Ho. I love British Democracy.

15. Sounds like our lot then, RUCFOREVER ;) I remembered the words on the UTV report last night too. That dissedant republicans were going to "actively oppose" it. Actively, eh? I wonder if something goes bang, the lads could bayonet charge into those 'actively opposing', and claim PTSD :twisted:

Last time we deployed, on the final parade before Chilwell the then mayor of Ards turned up at the parade with a slab of beers. Ended up sloshed in the Ards Club til the wee small hours :D

Thanks again, Jeff! :)