Bejing Olympics shooting events

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by BobJamesCo, Apr 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. You have to admit, a first round hit from the standing position at that sort of range is pretty impressive.

Probably had a fair bit of practice, mind.
  2. Probably been practising on Tibetan monks
  3. Commentator/narrator bloke said something about a machine gun.

Fivealpha, you might want to NSFW that link. Pretty stomach-churning (and heart-rending) stuff.
  4. You might want to carry on eating lentils you civvy skiplicker.
  5. The commentator was a civvy who clearly couldn't tell an assault rifle from a machine gun. You heard single shots on the track and there was no additional splash around the target as you'd expect from a burst of auto.

In any case PRC border guards tend not to be heavily armed. Mostly, Type 81s and sidearms. They do seem to get a lot of range time, for pretty obvious reasons.
  6. Heart rending?

Nothing more beautiful than the sight of a small yellow lady having her head make like a water melon as a 7.62 x 39 travelling at 710 m/s strikes her in the back of the napper

God bless the tiddlies and their methods of criminal justice.
  7. Haven't you got nuns to rape and babies to bayonet? :D
  8. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Blimey, Students, who'd a thunk it, eh?

It's Babies to rape and Nuns to bayonet, as any Fule Kno.
  9. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

I'm horrified by the lack of HSW ... no ear defenders, eye protection [well, OK, they are coooool shades] and the Safety template is horrendous.

I cannot believe they have been allowed to host the Olympics.
  10. Fcuk me squire! That's what you might refer to as a Bad hair day.
  11. Well, what upset me the most was the lack of a range brief, you couldn't identify the safety supervisor due to lack of hi-vis vest, they hadn't cleared the target area of backsplash hazards and nobody gave a declaration!

D minus, RTU. See you next course Mr Zhonguo.
  12. His hi viz vest went to the victim with 'short head' syndrome. That sickly lime green christmas jumper could be seen from outer space.
  13. Quick pass me another baby I've split this one in half and I'm on the vinegar stroke