Bejing Olympics shooting events

You have to admit, a first round hit from the standing position at that sort of range is pretty impressive.

Probably had a fair bit of practice, mind.

Probably been practising on Tibetan monks

smartascarrots said:
You have to admit, a first round hit from the standing position at that sort of range is pretty impressive.

Probably had a fair bit of practice, mind.
Commentator/narrator bloke said something about a machine gun.

Fivealpha, you might want to NSFW that link. Pretty stomach-churning (and heart-rending) stuff.

studentfeckwit said:
Commentator/narrator bloke said something about a machine gun.
The commentator was a civvy who clearly couldn't tell an assault rifle from a machine gun. You heard single shots on the track and there was no additional splash around the target as you'd expect from a burst of auto.

In any case PRC border guards tend not to be heavily armed. Mostly, Type 81s and sidearms. They do seem to get a lot of range time, for pretty obvious reasons.

studentfeckwit said:
Pretty stomach-churning (and heart-rending) stuff.
Heart rending?

Nothing more beautiful than the sight of a small yellow lady having her head make like a water melon as a 7.62 x 39 travelling at 710 m/s strikes her in the back of the napper

God bless the tiddlies and their methods of criminal justice.

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
studentfeckwit said:
FiveAlpha said:
studentfeckwit said:
Fivealpha, you might want to NSFW that link. Pretty stomach-churning (and heart-rending) stuff.
You might want to carry on eating lentils you civvy skiplicker.
Haven't you got nuns to rape and babies to bayonet? :D
Blimey, Students, who'd a thunk it, eh?

It's Babies to rape and Nuns to bayonet, as any Fule Kno.

I'm horrified by the lack of HSW ... no ear defenders, eye protection [well, OK, they are coooool shades] and the Safety template is horrendous.

I cannot believe they have been allowed to host the Olympics.

Well, what upset me the most was the lack of a range brief, you couldn't identify the safety supervisor due to lack of hi-vis vest, they hadn't cleared the target area of backsplash hazards and nobody gave a declaration!

D minus, RTU. See you next course Mr Zhonguo.

smartascarrots said:
you couldn't identify the safety supervisor due to lack of hi-vis vest
His hi viz vest went to the victim with 'short head' syndrome. That sickly lime green christmas jumper could be seen from outer space.

OldSnowy said:
studentfeckwit said:
FiveAlpha said:
studentfeckwit said:
You might want to carry on eating lentils you civvy skiplicker.
Haven't you got nuns to rape and babies to bayonet? :D
Blimey, Students, who'd a thunk it, eh?

It's Babies to rape and Nuns to bayonet, as any Fule Kno.
Quick pass me another baby I've split this one in half and I'm on the vinegar stroke

Just a thought, seeing the aftermath of that shot,could you do that? I personally could only do that in the heat of battle not in cold blood,call me old fashioned if you like.

ordinaryforces said:
Just a thought, seeing the aftermath of that shot,could you do that? I personally could only do that in the heat of battle not in cold blood,call me old fashioned if you like.
I reckon if you knew you'd be kneeling down there beside them seconds after saying 'No', you could. PLA's pretty keen on unquestioning obedience from junior ranks.

There is a simple rule in china.... Don't rape kids you won't (or shouldn't) get shot in the head with an Assault rifle.

Shame they don't do it here, Huntley and Sutcliffe, despite their charm and stirling work would suit an inside out head and 7.62mm ammo is about 17p each.

No no you'r picking me up wrong, the question i'm asking is wether you could blow someone's head apart? irrespective of the crime. and carrots i suppose that would concentrate you'r way of thinking a bit.