Beirut Explosion, so what was it?

Jacl

Old-Salt
tbf, I saw a clip of people doing a Lebanon Unload celebrating when fuel turned up in their town last month (Lebanon has been experiencing fuel shortages as part of the serious economic issues they are going through), and there was one fellah who clearly had to just take it too far and celebrated by letting off his RPG into the sky.

Oh dear....
Shiite happens. Inshallah.

That's what they told me in Cardiff too
1634235890904.jpeg

Londo

LE
So basically it is an elephant/rhino/hippo gun.
Video was on arrse a couple of years back . It was mentioned at the time that all guns imported into Saudi Arabia IIRC had to be test fired and yes it was some sort of elephant/rhino/hippo gun.

Can you explain that please.
Twelver Shi’ism (Arabic: ٱثْنَا عَشَرِيَّة‎; ʾIthnā ʿAšarīyah Persian: شیعه دوازده‌امامی‎, Šī'eh-ye Davâzdah-Emâmī), also known as Imamiyyah (Arabic: إِمَامِيَّة‎), is the largest branch of Shia Islam, with about 85% of all Shias. The term Twelver refers to its adherents' belief in twelve divinely ordained leaders, known as the Twelve Imams, and their belief that the last Imam, Imam al-Mahdi, lives in occultation and will reappear as the promised Mahdi. According to Shia tradition, the Mahdi's tenure will coincide with the Second Coming of Isa, who, along with Mahdi, would kill Dajjal.

BarcelonaAnalPark

LE
Book Reviewer
Twelver Shi’ism (Arabic: ٱثْنَا عَشَرِيَّة‎; ʾIthnā ʿAšarīyah Persian: شیعه دوازده‌امامی‎, Šī'eh-ye Davâzdah-Emâmī), also known as Imamiyyah (Arabic: إِمَامِيَّة‎), is the largest branch of Shia Islam, with about 85% of all Shias. The term Twelver refers to its adherents' belief in twelve divinely ordained leaders, known as the Twelve Imams, and their belief that the last Imam, Imam al-Mahdi, lives in occultation and will reappear as the promised Mahdi. According to Shia tradition, the Mahdi's tenure will coincide with the Second Coming of Isa, who, along with Mahdi, would kill Dajjal.
Hezbollah being a Shia jihadi group, for those at the back.

Obviously nicked out out of the New Testament, still they had six hundred years.

SO110369

Clanker
It's an A-Square .577 T-Rex. It was built to be massively overpowered, possibly as a publicity gimmick.
Yup, 750 grains at just under 2500 fps. Supposedly developed at the behest of guides in East Africa somewhere, which I find a little hard to believe. The Hannibal rifle in the video was once upon a time made on P14 or Model of 1917 actions (can't remember which), and A-Square always used to trumpet their stocks were designed to mitigate the recoil of some of their more idiotic cartridges. Hanging on helps also.

Another solution to a non-existent problem. Anyone in further need of a giggle along these lines should Goggle ".950 JDJ" for other entertaining videos. Where there's no sense there's no feeling...

SO110369

Clanker
"Who needs rear sights when you have 12 Imams?"

I have always been intrigued by this, what is it with the middle east that no one uses the dammed sights!!! why??
Years ago I was at a range in Las Vegas and there was a couple of arabs as well, lot's of money for ammo, they just never used the sights.
The only people who use the sights are the Israelis. I have discussed it with arabs I have met, and they just think your mad to even ask the question, as allah will guide the bullets.

Not just the Sand People...someone with experience in such matters once mentioned AKs recovered from their deceased owners in the Dark Continent were often found with the rear sight at maximum elevation, regardless of the range of engagement. The locals apparently felt it was some kind of throttle...the higher the number, the harder it hit.

TamH70

MIA
Someone has to ask.

What is the rifle used in that video?

It seems to have a kick like an elephant gun or a fowling piece.

As mentioned above, it's a.577 T-Rex.

The kind of rifle one uses when one is hunting Tigers. No, not the ones with fur and whiskers. Ones with tracks and a gurt big Maybach engine...

Latest Threads