Beirut Explosion, so what was it?

Oyibo

LE
  1. I was only supposed to be there for a month so I'd gone through my sensible ones.
  2. The Dhobi room had been hit by IDF artillery and so that was all I had left to wear.
  3. I was hoping to pose as a tourist
  4. That was what I was wearing when I was lifted and so it may have helped my cause as they didn't take me too seriously.
  5. I'm a big fan of Hawaii 50
  6. I've the dress sense of a Slovakian kitchen porter
Case dismissed.

No, wait. Para 7 should have been 'And I was very drunk'.

Thought you'd been shopping in the souk TBH, loads of shit shirts, flares and cuban heels to be had for your 60s retro party.
Whilst I concede the shirt under discussion was a questionable choice for sneaking around Hez HQ - I wouldn't go as far as to say it was shit. I should have worn it when we interviewed the President.

small.jpg

The young lady here is now a very well known US Journalist. She was annoyed that she hadn't had her photo taken with the VIP and was making a fuss so I told her I'd photo shop him in later..

IMG_1448.jpg

This her now:
cw.jpeg

Last edited:

Oops

War Hero
Wot @terminal said...
If anyone's interested, Google Earth Kellogg's ( Dacsa) concrete grain silos on Seaforth Docks, Liverpool...
Built along similar lines by the look of it.
(It's where all your cornflakes come in)
Underneath each one there'
s a modest room that fills up quickly when some dozy Twunt forgets to put the inspection door back in before a ship arrives...
Boss at the time (1980)bought a fancy grain hoover 25t/hr jobby..
" I've told em we'll do it for £100"..
They snapped his hand off.

Four feckin levels down later, steel gantries, static electricity, and dust....

Still, it was ok because elf n safety hadn't been invented back then...
Panic rooms my arrse.

NSP

LE
What's under (and over) a grain elevator that's not brand spanking new:-

Whilst I concede the shirt under discussion was a questionable choice for sneaking around Hez HQ - I wouldn't go as far as to say it was shit. I should have worn it when we interviewed the President.

View attachment 496131
The young lady here is now a very well known US Journalist. She was annoyed that she hadn't had her photo taken with the VIP and was making a fuss so I told her I'd photo shop him in later..

View attachment 496129

This her now:
View attachment 496130
She's got her hand on his virtual arse the hussy!

Hassan Nasrallah really seemed quite amused by the thought of a similar explosion in Israel a few years back.

Ironic?

Assuming he's got his chemicals right it wouldn't have been a similar explosion in scale, what he was suggesting was essentially chemical warfare. Blowing a hole in one of those storage tanks would have flooded the surrounding area with ammonia which would have had similar results to a chlorine gas attack in WWI.

Toys = easy to booby trap and leave laying about where kids play.

This was quite a while ago.
I didn’t realise it was that far back, this from the New Yorker Nov 9 2009.
‘The Israeli blockade includes a ban on toys, so the only playthings have been smuggled at a premium, through tunnels from Egypt’.
This was quite a while ago too - 2012

And this is a current example (Rimal Neighbourhood, Gaza City):

On a slightly more serious note, mentioned in the news was the discontent among the general population and the demand for an end of the corruption. But as a journo commented there are not enough untainted politicians around to form a new government.

I see what you mean. At the time I was going for the M*A*S*H look; on reflection I didn't quite pull it off..

View attachment 496127
If you need to expand your shirt wardrobe, you can always try these, the Shirt Shirt Club

On a slightly more serious note, mentioned in the news was the discontent among the general population and the demand for an end of the corruption. But as a journo commented there are not enough untainted politicians around to form a new government.
My Iranian source told me about a relative of hers who was a close supporter of "Reformist" Rouhani and even spent time in jail for it.
Eventually Rouhani was restored to grace, rose to power and her relative was released from jail. Within a short time he, and his daughter were both driving swish cars. My source said it just went to show how endemic corruption is in the politics there.

Last edited:
My Iranian source told me about a relative of hers who was a close supporter of "Reformist" Rouhani and even spent time in jail for it.
Eventually Rouhani was restored to grace, rose to power and her relative was released from jail. Within a short time he, and his daughter were both driving swish cars. My source said it just went to show how endemic corruption is in the politics there.
Endemic corruption in the ME ?
Never !
......a lie peddled by those who never got their sandals wet despite tales of crossing the red sea.... :p

Latest Threads