Beirut Explosion, so what was it?

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Ha! There was certainly a Hezbollah tunnel in South Beirut. I know that because in 2006, when I upset them by try to recce their positions, my driver and I got banged up in one !

EDIT: To this day I have no idea how they pinged me:View attachment 496047
Some time ago I asked about the tunnels from Egypt into hizbollah territory in Israel. Being impressed that there seemed to be a lot of new company trucks and 4x4s tearing around the place.
I was of the idea that the plucky little ragheads were bringing them in bit by bit and assembling them in situ. It was certainly the impression hizbollah ‘tunnellers’ were giving. Bringing in much needed welfare supplies for the people and the odd toy for the children. (Toys being on the Izzy embargo list for some reason). I was shown the tunnel entrances from the Egyptian side, they were loading the pickups and driving the stuff straight in.
Not quite the Dublin Port tunnel but certainly not ‘the wooden horse’, image they were going for.

Ha! There was certainly a Hezbollah tunnel in South Beirut. I know that because in 2006, when I upset them by try to recce their positions, my driver and I got banged up in one !

EDIT: To this day I have no idea how they pinged me:

Are you sure it was Hezbollah, and not the Fashion Police?

crime.jpg

Some time ago I asked about the tunnels from Egypt into hizbollah territory in Israel. Being impressed that there seemed to be a lot of new company trucks and 4x4s tearing around the place.
I was of the idea that the plucky little ragheads were bringing them in bit by bit and assembling them in situ. It was certainly the impression hizbollah ‘tunnellers’ were giving. Bringing in much needed welfare supplies for the people and the odd toy for the children. (Toys being on the Izzy embargo list for some reason). I was shown the tunnel entrances from the Egyptian side, they were loading the pickups and driving the stuff straight in.
Not quite the Dublin Port tunnel but certainly not ‘the wooden horse’, image they were going for.
There are no Hezbollah tunnels from Egypt.
Toys are not on the embargo list - where did you get that idea?
Where did you see vehicle tunnel entrances?

Oyibo

LE

EDIT: To this day I have no idea how they pinged me:View attachment 496047
That shirt should be listed as a war crime. It's gopping.

Go to the Hague, do not pass Go. Do not collect 200 Dirhams.

Gopping I tell you.

Londo

LE
A few years ago they were also entering Israel from Gaza , Stealing cars and then burying them in the sand , return a while later strip them and import the parts into Gaza for spares .
Funny enough car stealing seems a very common pastime for the crowd we have imported to this country from the ME along with their offspring born here .

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
There are no Hezbollah tunnels from Egypt.
Toys are not on the embargo list - where did you get that idea?
Where did you see vehicle tunnel entrances?
This was quite a while ago.
I didn’t realise it was that far back, this from the New Yorker Nov 9 2009.

‘ ‘The Israeli blockade includes a ban on toys, so the only playthings have been smuggled at a premium, through tunnels from Egypt’.

It was Hamas and Gaza , not Hizbollah, I got my Sunnis and Shia looney tunes mixed up.

That shirt should be listed as a war crime. It's gopping.

Go to the Hague, do not pass Go. Do not collect 200 Dirhams.

Gopping I tell you.
I see what you mean. At the time I was going for the M*A*S*H look; on reflection I didn't quite pull it off..

aaaaaa.jpeg

Oyibo

LE
I see what you mean. At the time I was going for the M*A*S*H look; on reflection I didn't quite pull it off..

View attachment 496127
Shit shirts are cool though. Do you have a plea in mitigation lined up? It's going to have to be a bloody good one.

Shit shirts are cool though. Do you have a plea in mitigation lined up? It's going to have to be a bloody good one.
  1. I was only supposed to be there for a month so I'd gone through my sensible ones.
  2. The Dhobi room had been hit by IDF artillery and so that was all I had left to wear.
  3. I was hoping to pose as a tourist
  4. That was what I was wearing when I was lifted and so it may have helped my cause as they didn't take me too seriously.
  5. I'm a big fan of Hawaii 50
  6. I've the dress sense of a Slovakian kitchen porter

1. I was only supposed to be there for a month so I'd gone through my sensible ones.
  2. The Dhobi room had been hit by IDF artillery and so that was all I had left to wear.
  3. I was hoping to pose as a tourist
  4. That was what I was wearing when I was lifted and so it may have helped my cause as they didn't take me too seriously.
  5. I'm a big fan of Hawaii 50
  6. I've the dress sense of a Slovakian kitchen porter
You don't vote Labour do you, only they seem to blame everything on the joos too!

View attachment 496127
Thought you'd been shopping in the souk TBH, loads of shit shirts, flares and cuban heels to be had for your 60s retro party.

I'd suggest parallel co
Usually soft ground next to water, so likely to be on piled foundations, leaving plenty of room underneath.
I'd suggest parallel contiguous piled walls, the resulting voids filled to varying heights with sand so that the berthing wall can resist the impact of a ship. I'd also consider it unlikely that any voids would be tanked (waterproofed) as the sand would be free-draining so no need to worry about flotation as the water level changes.

The upshot is that any voids would be damp and possibly prone to flooding so unsuitable for storage or any mechanical equipment. Access would be left for maintenance and inspection purposes - for example, the sand infill might need topping up as it migrates due to water movement.

Of course, I don't have access to the construction plans so I'm guessing.

Latest Threads