Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beirut Explosion, so what was it?

Panic Rooms? Sky seems to be stretching the mix a bit there. Having had to clamber over a few industrial sites I would think there are more than a few ducts and underground spaces in a port of that size. That doesn't mean they can't be used for nefarious purposes but I'd need more evidence than part of what looks like a ceiling.
Was there a reason why she didn't refer to them as air raid shelters? Maybe not sufficiently dramatic.

Alternatively, constructing voids saves on a lot of unnecessary concrete.

Hezbollah is a Shi’ite organisation supported by Iran which is 90% Shi’ite. Iran's interest in its co-religionists in Lebanon, began after the Iranian revolution when semi-independent charitable organisations, called bonyad or “foundation” began to assist the just beginning Hezbollah establish itself as a defence force to protect the Shi’ite community in Lebanon from the ongoing inter religious conflict there.

They are one of the most powerful political factions in Lebanon, effectively controls the south, and wields massive influence in the country and operates as a state within a state. They appeared to control the port where the ammonium nitrate that exploded had been left for six years, despite repeated warnings that it posed a clear danger to the whole city.

Hezbollah has been at war with Israel for years in collaboration with Iran, indeed Macron addressed this directly during his visit addressing Hezbollah directly, and calling on the group to put the needs of Lebanese ahead of its Iranian backers stating "If they defend the interests of the Lebanese people, let them find a solution to electricity and to the problems of the people instead of serving the interests of a foreign country."

They have been linked to multiple major terrorist attacks in Lebanon and abroad. A major one in Beirut was the bombing which killed 241 U.S. military personnel. It is considered a terrorist organisation by the U.S., the U.K, Germany, Canada and Israel. The European Union considers Hezbollah's military wing a terrorist organisation.

The warehouse was full of a component of explosives used to modify the detonation rate of other explosives, such as nitroglycerin in the so-called ammonia dynamites, or as an oxidising agent in the ammonals and in fact, as was so spectacularly demonstrated, capable of producing serious destruction on its own, and Hezbollah it seems was happy to control this massive stockpile despite its location.

It has been reported that over the last few months, there has been a steady buildup of arms from Iran and China as part of a concerted effort by Iran to consolidate its footholds in Syria and Lebanon, itself a growing flashpoint for geopolitical tensions due to discord that has been simmering within for years, and while this explosion would seem at the moment to have been through a chain of circumstances that were a combination of ineptitude, corruption, and the actions of a particular group, if fingers are being pointed in any direction for those responsible for the deaths of so many, and the thousands of injured and now homeless, there is at least one direction it can be pointed at, if not two that are inextricably linked together.

Blogg

LE
Just gets better and better.

In 2009 or so, 30+ large nylon bags containing fireworks confiscated by customs were sent to be stored in warehouse 12.

"Where do you want to put this shitload of AN?"

"Oh the usual place for impounded goods. Wharehouse 12"

'

1596888613296.png

[QUOTE="Flight, post: 10187009, member: 22994"

Haven't been myself but know how this works from other places with manipulated currencies...

Why don't you go to these places, experience what is happening there and post your findings. Don't just sit in your ******* bath chair accusing others that have, of telling lies.

I repeat.. my posts here are from my own experiences not gleaned from Wiki. Your nonsense regarding my dead colleagues was sad but this bollocks is, as I've stated, woefully naive.
[/QUOTE]

I suppose Flight is thinking of the official economy and it's connection to official banks and so on. The real world (of the less-poor civpop anyway), in these locations, frequently doesn't touch the official one at all except for a tiny amount of dollars (or deutschmarks, swiss francs etc, back in the day) exchanged to ensure that they can 'prove' they don't need to pay much tax. One 'earns' USD and spends USD eg. to launder the funds by paying abroad for imports in USD and selling locally in local currencies. A huge amount of the USD high value notes ever printed are held in some illegal way outside the US.

Edit: Mangled the quotes there, sorry.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer

I suppose Flight is thinking of the official economy and it's connection to official banks and so on. The real world (of the less-poor civpop anyway), in these locations, frequently doesn't touch the official one at all except for a tiny amount of dollars (or deutschmarks, swiss francs etc, back in the day) exchanged to ensure that they can 'prove' they don't need to pay much tax. One 'earns' USD and spends USD eg. to launder the funds by paying abroad for imports in USD and selling locally in local currencies. A huge amount of the USD high value notes ever printed are held in some illegal way outside the US.

Edit: Mangled the quotes there, sorry.
[/QUOTE]
In my somewhat limited experience of the Middle East and similar areas, the locals preferred anything Western currency wise to the local toilet paper banknotes.

Just gets better and better.

In 2009 or so, 30+ large nylon bags containing fireworks confiscated by customs were sent to be stored in warehouse 12.

"Where do you want to put this shitload of AN?"

"Oh the usual place for impounded goods. Wharehouse 12"

'

View attachment 495469
To be fair, the hazard pictograms only indicate flammable, oxidising and (loosely) "protect from rain". There's no explosive symbol.

Considering that Hezbollah is an armed proxy of Iran, I can see this snowballing into an international incident
Well fingers crossed. Nothing better than Hezbollah and Iran being shown to be the female genitalia they are.

The conspiracy theorists are going to have as much of a field day as they did with 9/11.

'Lebanon’s President has claimed a “missile or bomb” could have been responsible for a blast that devastated Beirut, killing 154 people.

'There has been growing criticism of the country’s leaders since the blast on Tuesday, with it now emerging a huge shipment of hazardous ammonium nitrate had languished for years in a warehouse in the heart of the capital.

'President Michel Aoun admitted on Friday that the “paralysed” government system needed to be “reconsidered”.

'He pledged “swift justice”, but rejected widespread calls for an international probe, telling a reporter he saw it as an attempt to “dilute the truth”.

“There are two possible scenarios for what happened: it was either negligence or foreign interference through a missile or bomb,” he said, the first time a top Lebanese official raised the possibility that the port had been attacked.'

'The first Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, authorized a strike against a Hezbollah arms depot using a new weapon that has been tested for seven months in Syria. It is not known whether the second Prime Minister, Benny Gantz, gave his consent.

'The strike was carried out on August 4, 2020, at the exact location designated by Benjamin Netanyahu in his speech to the United Nations on September 27, 2018 [1].

'It is not known what weapon was used. However, it has already been tested in Syria since January 2020. It is a missile with a tactical nuclear component in its warhead that causes a smoke mushroom characteristic of nuclear weapons. It is obviously not an atomic bomb in the strategic sense.

'The weapon was tested in Syria on a plain in the countryside and then in the Persian Gulf on the water against Iranian military vessels. This is the first time it has been used in an urban environment, in a particular environment that made the air blast and vibrations reflect off the water and the mountains. Far from destroying only the port of Beirut, it killed about a hundred people, injured at least 5,000 others, and largely destroyed the eastern part of the city (the western part was largely protected by the grain silo).'

The conspiracy theorists are going to have as much of a field day as they did with 9/11.

'Lebanon’s President has claimed a “missile or bomb” could have been responsible for a blast that devastated Beirut, killing 154 people.

'There has been growing criticism of the country’s leaders since the blast on Tuesday, with it now emerging a huge shipment of hazardous ammonium nitrate had languished for years in a warehouse in the heart of the capital.

'President Michel Aoun admitted on Friday that the “paralysed” government system needed to be “reconsidered”.

'He pledged “swift justice”, but rejected widespread calls for an international probe, telling a reporter he saw it as an attempt to “dilute the truth”.

“There are two possible scenarios for what happened: it was either negligence or foreign interference through a missile or bomb,” he said, the first time a top Lebanese official raised the possibility that the port had been attacked.'

'The first Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, authorized a strike against a Hezbollah arms depot using a new weapon that has been tested for seven months in Syria. It is not known whether the second Prime Minister, Benny Gantz, gave his consent.

'The strike was carried out on August 4, 2020, at the exact location designated by Benjamin Netanyahu in his speech to the United Nations on September 27, 2018 [1].

'It is not known what weapon was used. However, it has already been tested in Syria since January 2020. It is a missile with a tactical nuclear component in its warhead that causes a smoke mushroom characteristic of nuclear weapons. It is obviously not an atomic bomb in the strategic sense.

'The weapon was tested in Syria on a plain in the countryside and then in the Persian Gulf on the water against Iranian military vessels. This is the first time it has been used in an urban environment, in a particular environment that made the air blast and vibrations reflect off the water and the mountains. Far from destroying only the port of Beirut, it killed about a hundred people, injured at least 5,000 others, and largely destroyed the eastern part of the city (the western part was largely protected by the grain silo).'

What total Shiite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What total Shiite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently there's a photoshopped video going around 'showing' the missile strike too. Tin foil hats firmly on.

Hezbollah are going to have to aspire to Salisbury levels of spin and whattaboutery and quick.
if it gains traction that they kept the AN where it was for nefarious purposes, and it was their “ other stuff” that started the fire. Then all their drug money slush fund may not be enough to stop the rest of the Lebanese turning on them.

Apparently there's a photoshopped video going around 'showing' the missile strike too. Tin foil hats firmly on.
I don't know whether President Aoun is a conspiracist-loon but in the current circumstances he will want to do anything he can to deflect the justified accusations against him and the other crooks controlling Lebanon. Effigies of him and Nasrallah are already being hung by the neck in the main public plaza this evening, so regarding Aoun, it's a case of "well he would say that wouldn't he....."

As an Israeli I have to admit that I feel relieved that the incident is so widely documented and recorded, otherwise for sure the anti semites and sundry other goons would do their best to pin it on us, which would be just another of many blood libels against the Jews.

On the other hand, the info from Lew Rockwell that you posted is pretty damn conclusive, so I'm trying to put my head between my legs in order to kiss my ass goodbye. It's not so easy at 61 with a lockdown paunch.

Cut out of Nasrallah being hung outside the main mosque this evening:
Ee50EIgX0AcbSMF.jpg

Last edited:
As an Israeli I have to admit that I feel relieved that the incident is so widely documented and recorded, otherwise for sure the anti semites and sundry other goons would do their best to pin it on us, which would be just another of many blood libels against the Jews.
I think you will find that it was always going to be Israel's fault, regardless of whether your lot actually did it or not ;)