Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beirut Explosion, so what was it?

Troy

LE
Maybe they should have towed it out and ignored it until it sank, wet ammonium nitrate doesn't go bang surely?.....
It was a mix of military explosives not plain Ammonium Nitrate. If Ammonium Nitrate was present in would have been in the form of Amatol, which is a TNT & Ammonium Nitrate mix.

NSP

LE
It would require 15 kilotons to take out Merthyr Tydfil.
20kT, surely - to ensure sufficient heat to properly sterilise as well as blast to level...?

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
No. Have you any idea how many Used cars would be needed to make a dent in the Beqaa drug revenues?
A clue: they wouldn't fit on Mr. Daley's lot.

As per the link I've posted previously from Jim Rickards, a notable expert on systemic bailouts and financial systems.

"This network engages in the following flows of goods and cash: Cocaine is shipped from South America to Europe via West Africa. Used cars are shipped from the United States to West Africa. Consumer goods are shipped from Asia to South America in partial payment for the cocaine. Blood diamonds are shipped from West Africa to Europe and Lebanon. Cash proceeds from the sale of cocaine, blood diamonds, and used cars are directed to exchange houses for money laundering and subsequent deposit in Lebanese commercial banks. These Lebanese banks then launder the money through their U.S. correspondent banks. Cut-outs and front companies are the account holders. Once the money is laundered, it is dispersed via wire transfers to pay for more used cars, cocaine, and Asian consumer goods. Net profits are deposited with Hezbollah for terrorism, social programs, and bribes. All of the banks listed in the “Lebanese Commercial Banks” section of this report – with the exceptions of Bankmed, Crédit Libanais, and IBL Bank – are involved in The System, according to allegations in made in the Bartlett case.25"

All detailed and evidenced in great detail in he case cited.

TL:DR Wrong.

The Dollar?

The Lebanon pound. As in the national currency. Which you would know had you actually been there.

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
perhaps this can explain why the stuff got left in the warehouse for years - tug of war between Hez and the Lebanon Govt?

The odd thing here is that the confessional system largely seemed to work.

The odder thing is that it still worked to a great extent despite having the massive parasite of Hezbollah in it's midst. Which was due to pressure from Western governments in return for the release of their hostages.

Frankly Lebanon, despite no natural resources, seems to be far less of a shitehouse than it's peers in the region.

Or would be if they hadn't allowed bankers free reign.

20kT, surely - to ensure sufficient heat to properly sterilise as well as blast to level...?

No, I've taken those things into account in my heat-based remedial treatment simulation, obviously.

perhaps this can explain why the stuff got left in the warehouse for years - tug of war between Hez and the Lebanon Govt?

That's what the Jews, who control the sheeple through mainstream media mind programming, want us to believe.

Last edited:
Didn't bother reading it. Seriously... you are either stunningly naive or housebound.
The Lebanon pound. As in the national currency. Which you would know had you actually been there.
Yes.it is.
However the dollar represents 2/3 of the retail currency spend. As you would know if you've ever been there.
And.. Yes.. I have been there, but only a couple of times (albeit during a war)

My policy here is not get into confrontations because.. you know, it's the ******* internet. Sometimes however circumstances transcend ideals. I try to only post about situations I have personal experience of. So despite over 25 years of mucking about in various places, I'm not saying I've seen the worst of human life but I'm pretty sure I haven't missed the best bits.

I shouldn't rise -but you're a bit of a twat.

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
Didn't bother reading it. Seriously... you are either stunningly naive or housebound.

Yes.it is.
However the dollar represents 2/3 of the retail currency spend. As you would know if you've ever been there.
And.. Yes.. I have been there, but only a couple of times (albeit during a war)

My policy here is not get into confrontations because.. you know, it's the ******* internet. Sometimes however circumstances transcend ideals. I try to only post about situations I have personal experience of. So despite over 25 years of mucking about in various places, I'm not saying I've seen the worst of human life but I'm pretty sure I haven't missed the best bits.

I shouldn't rise -but you're a bit of a twat.

Jim Rickard is 'stunningly naive'?

That's a new one!

I wonder what else you've been telling porkies about...

"BEIRUT: The lines snaked around the block. Then they swelled to fill the whole street, before they turned into a raucous mob of men shoving to the front of the line. There at the exchange bureau, they could buy rationed dollars, the hottest commodity in Lebanon.
The small Mediterranean country’s financial meltdown has thrown Lebanese into a frantic search for dollars as their local currency’s value evaporates. To get the precious hard currency, they must navigate labyrinthine regulations, exploiting any loopholes they can to rescue their earnings."

Hottest commodity in Lebanon’s economic chaos: The US dollar

Know someone who was over there a couple of years ago. If you use dollar via cards etc you get an exchange rate about a third of it's value. So you exchange on the black market and use Lebanese pounds.

Haven't been myself but know how this works from other places with manipulated currencies...

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Flight, post: 10187009, member: 22994"

Haven't been myself but know how this works from other places with manipulated currencies...
[/QUOTE]

Why don't you go to these places, experience what is happening there and post your findings. Don't just sit in your ******* bath chair accusing others that have, of telling lies.

I repeat.. my posts here are from my own experiences not gleaned from Wiki. Your nonsense regarding my dead colleagues was sad but this bollocks is, as I've stated, woefully naive.

Last edited:
Why do you think that?
Why do I think you're an expert? Because previous posts from you seemed to indicate that you are some sort of expert.

Why do I not believe they were fireworks? Have a look at video of the Dutch firework warehouse fire. The fireworks cooked off like, well like fireworks actually, whooshes and whizzes and cracks and bangs in the air. Look at the Beirut explosions prior to the big one, I have seen and heard ordnance detonate and I have seen fireworks go off, and despite not being as expert as you I can tell the difference.

We now learn that Hizbullah effectively controls Beirut port, Occam's razor, what do you think was in that shed?

Why do I not believe they were fireworks? Have a look at video of the Dutch firework warehouse fire. The fireworks cooked off like, well like fireworks actually, whooshes and whizzes and cracks and bangs in the air. Look at the Beirut explosions prior to the big one, I have seen and heard ordnance detonate and I have seen fireworks go off, and despite not being as expert as you I can tell the difference.

I can't tell the difference between a military bang and a civilian organised display bang. Garden fireworks, yes.

I can't tell the difference between a military bang and a civilian organised display bang. Garden fireworks, yes.

Perhaps better to admit to fireworks being stored there than ammunition stocks

Shame Hezbollah couldn't a get a grip on safe storage of there arms warehouses isn't it?
That was what they were keeping hold of the ammonium nitrate for wasn't it? This bollox about it being kept there because of ineptitude is rather tedious. Hezbollah kept it because it was a weapon.

Not the first bunch of third world halfwhits to have a box of bang go off in their hands.

I've worked with Ms. A - she was not receptive to my masculine charms. She prefers wimmin.

Bell's balls were bashed but his cameraman lost his arm.

Any idea which way Alex Crawford leans?

Reported in the Indo a couple of years ago as getting huffy, because she was being referred to as “the female journalist, Alex Crawford”.

They kindly published a letter from me pointing out it wouldn’t be necessary if she styled herself as Alexandra (as per Patrick/Pat).

Latest Threads