Beirut Explosion, so what was it?

An Israeli take on the Beirut explosion: the red cloud indicates hydrazine hydrate i.e. Hizbollah rocket fuel!

Hwasong-14 (KN-20) | Missile Threat
The author of that piece? " Ra'anan Elozory is a Jerusalem educator and former film editor who is a promoter of truth in media, who has intel sources he cannot disclose."

Bearing in mind that in the article he confuses ammonium nitrate with ANFO I'm not sure he should be trusted as a particularly informed commentator. Here's a better version from people who actually know what they are talking about - The chemistry behind the Beirut explosion but that wouldn't give you an excuse to work in the Jooz being involved, would it?

I'm sure rich Lebanese would turn their noses up. What about poor(er) ones? Are you contending that cars stolen in Europe do not (at all) end up in Lebanon?

E2A: if cars stolen in Canada and Australia end up in Lebanon, I'm sure some from Europe end up there as well.

I am aware that Canada and Australia are not in Europe, I wouldn't want two 'dumbs' in one day! France is in Europe though:

They’d have to pass through the Balkans first. Good luck with that.

Further to my last, it seems the Master of the ship (Russian)has just declared that the Lebanese port authorities didn’t do enough to get rid. Which is a Tad Rich. A vessel that couldn’t make destination had to put into Beirut and couldn’t pay the Bills. ( Snooze at one)The owner of the goods appears to have skeddadled, all looks pretty kosher to me:oops::rolleyes:. Not. The wharf owner doesn’t own the goods, the ship is abandoned- as yer do. Have we seen the start of another NCND mission by Russia. Now the UN sticks it’s oar in cos of the grain storage silos which didn’t seem to matter much 3 days ago. Emperor mong has been busy.

Context is indeed everything. What do the three circles mean?
They don't mean anything in this context. It
An Israeli take on the Beirut explosion: the red cloud indicates hydrazine hydrate i.e. Hizbollah rocket fuel!

Hwasong-14 (KN-20) | Missile Threat
Hydrazine is colourless and is used as a rocket fuel. Hydrazine hydrate is used to make bubbles in foam. The red colour is from Inhibited Red Fuming Nitric Acid (IRFNA) an oxidiser to the hydrazine.

Did the author spell his own name correctly? Because everything else is bollox.

Maalox

War Hero
The Russian captain Prokoshev lived for 11 months in Beirut port on his ship, with the ammonium sacks just getting hotter and hotter under his feet

Boris Prokoshev (right), captain of cargo vessel Rhosus, and boatswain Boris Musinchak pose next to a freight hold loaded with ammonium nitrate in the port of Beirut, Lebanon, in a summer 2014 photograph

They don't mean anything in this context. It

Hydrazine is colourless and is used as a rocket fuel. Hydrazine hydrate is used to make bubbles in foam. The red colour is from Inhibited Red Fuming Nitric Acid (IRFNA) an oxidiser to the hydrazine.

Did the author spell his own name correctly? Because everything else is bollox.
Indeed. I was ignoring the mong but asking Gardner though, to be fair...

Latest Threads