Being serious and needing advice.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by old_fat_and_hairy, Jul 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I'm not normally one for serious stuff, but I have a need for adevice or help.
    Long one cut short; 15 year old lad, orphan, lives with sister who is 24 and has children of her own. Family are in their outlook and education. This lad was mugged by a woman, for £20. Not much to the or me, but to this lads family, a weeks food money. Mugger comes from large and notorious family, that live in several houses in same street as victim.
    The lad's sister has been abused and threatened, harrassed and assaulted by the family of muuger. Threats made to snatch her 3yr old daughter and rape her. Bad family are heavily associated with 'travellers'.
    My queries; how can the lads family be helped? Police have been informed, but are not taking any of it seriously. Will not interview witnesses, nor take any action regarding threats. Initial case against mugger due to be heard at court in 2 weeks. Threats are designed to make young lad withdraw. This is attempting to pervert course of justice, and when I sopke to police about this, was told that they were not serious threats.
    I did 20 years as a copper here, but all my contemporaries retired, and new breed just not interested. There have been 6 crimes raised by kid and sister re threats, but police do not link them as one continuous incident

I'm too old to go and give a kicking to people making threats and police not interested.

Any advice welcomed.
  2. Try your local MP or police complaints authority to see how true this now is ?
  3. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Are the local paper interested?
  4. Petrol bomb through the window should get the message across. Be careful though, I think it's illegal.
  5. old_fat_and_hairy

Contacting local mp today, PCA have been informed, and I imagine wheels are grinding very slowly

Old Baldy; Local paper is interested, but reluctant to print anything because of impending court case.
  6. old_fat_and_hairy

That would be my first choice, but there are about 5 houses of these vermin. And have you seen price of petrol?
  7. Try your local ward councillor - they get elected, so tend to listen.
  8. OFaH, I am sure these scumbag families are getting the best legal advise from top barristers ( on tax payers of course). A phone call to the Cheif Constable followed by a letter of confermation of telephone call, linked in with local MP and Press ( i know we hate Jurnos)should raise the profile

I always thought a complaint to the police was always followed.........i know they harassed me about a minor traffic offence many years ago!

I do hope this scumbag family are firebombed and the local community forget to phone the fire brigade..............
  9. OFaH, i'll give you a few quid towards the petrol!!!

i bloody hate travellers!!! worse than chavs!!!!
  10. Letter sent recorded delivey addressed to chief constable explaining the situation and tell him you are also making a copy of this letter available to both your local MP &paper as you feel that the police are doing nothing and allowing law of the jungle to take place. And you would like a personal reply as to how it will be delt with might be worth signing off with your old beat number as well. Plus if house belongs to a HA haver you informed them of the pikeys behaivour? HA's arent as soft as councils and will take action to evict

If you get no joy then play the tw@ts at their own game anonymous phone call saying you have seen drug dealing from property/call to benefits saying on the fiddle/no TV license etc (which I'd assume to be correct in most of it anyway). Plus you can always damage their cars etc expading foam etc brake fluid get my drift. Bet they are the type who once the message gets across that 2 can play a game they'll stop as like all bullies they are all talk and can only act in a pack
  11. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Reminds me of an Irish chap I once met who told me his cousin was doing 25 for shoplifting. "You dont get 25 for shoplifting" I advised. "You do if you lift the whole row" he replied. Badoom Tish.

Right, you aint going to like this OF&H, but your only solution if you want to help your pals is to get them the frock out of there.

Yeah yeah, I know. ‘For evil to flourish it only requires good men to do nothing’. Lovely sentiments but this is UK2007 and everything is against your pals. They go to Court – they are marked down for revenge. They go to the papers? Same-Same.

The scum operate as a pack. A Clan if you will. And they operate 24-7 with little or nothing to lose. They know the law, they know where CCTV is located and they know the cops, today, are unwilling to get involved in a protracted ‘war’ with them.

Positive things to try – have you spoken to the local beat officer, or Community Officer or whatever? Or those new Civvy 'Cops Lite' you see around the place? If it’s a Council house, go to the Council and try to find a sympathetic ear. You can get a CCTV system for about £50 at B&Q or Makro? Any chance your pals can pull the race card (yeah, I know, but use what you’ve got, and the race thing is leverage).

Jesus, theres times I think my mates who retired overseas aren’t such mugs after all. Seems we built a land fit for thieving Gypsy bastards?

Good luck.
  12. How about something like the Sun. Normally they will spice up a story.
  13. old_fat_and_hairy

Excellent advice from all. Re cctv, my son in law has supplied one from his shop, but 'advice' from police was that it is illegal to video anyone! That received a wry smile from me. Officer dealing with original ffence of street robbery has declined to speak to kids sister, and now to me. "Too busy with a major incident". He refers to a murder which took place about 2 months ago, offender arrested, charged and on remand. Enquiry scaled down, and he was jut on house to house team anyway.
    Visit to police yesterday; sympathetic ear from 2 12 year old bobbies, who informed me that if the complainant had asked a witness if they were willing to give a statement to police, then they were compromised and no use.
    Also advised me that 'threats made were probably not made seriously' I'm not sure that is their call.
    When I said that interference with witnessess and attempting to pervert cause of justice were serious offences, they smiled sweetly and told me things had changed since my day. But they are hell on speeders and parking!