Being paid during training

mark4880

Swinger
Just a quick question, after passing selection in Lichfield last week I am due to start Alpha in the next two weeks just waiting on my Army number, kit and to be attested but I was wondering do you get paid your day rate whilst on training?

Thanks

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Yes

Just a quick question, after passing selection in Lichfield last week I am due to start Alpha in the next two weeks just waiting on my Army number, kit and to be attested but I was wondering do you get paid your day rate whilst on training?

Thanks
Yes, but in arrears. Any days claim and closed before the cut off (around 12 but does vary) will be 1st of following month, after cut off will be 1st of month after that.

E.g. do 10 days and finish on 10th April, get paid on 1st May, do 10 days and finish 20th April, get paid 1st June.

Assuming your unit admin staff process as they should....

mark4880

Swinger
brill I thought that was the case, also would I get my bounty for passing selection on my first wage?

brill I thought that was the case, also would I get my bounty for passing selection on my first wage?
Not sure on that one, depends how quick the admin staff are at processing it I think, which is reliant on the selection pass being loaded to the system and so on...

ericferret

War Hero
Made me smile. Day one as a junior soldier age 16 in September 1972 straight out of school. First thing they did was give us money. We get paid?
Naive or what!!!

Latest Threads