BEING MOBILISED WITH LONDON REG BUT AM A SAPPER

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by stab_spr, Nov 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, any words of wisdom to an experianced spr/lcpl bein mobilised in jan with london reg... Dont know much detail yet but main worry is fitness... oh and kit etc?

2. Also would,nt mind a heads up if anyone k knows what london reg are gonna be doing etc etc

3. i take it that your going on afgan tour

4. yes thats correct... get heads up on tues... untill then just know its afghan!!

5. Your Sgt Maj is a top bloke, just dont annoy him :), the Londons I worked with where nearly ALL top blokes, and I wish I was going with them.
    Good luck, stay safe and remember your drills.

Faugh-A-Ballagh

6. at the end of the day - youre a soldier first, a tradesman second

i.e

stag on!

7. All you have to do is ask someone on Tuesday, The fitness won't be an issue as everyone will be mobilised a couple of months prior to going and will be working on fitness then.. The kit, well, we will be in the same situation as the guys out there already, if they have the kit, we will.. if there is a shortage, hopefully it will be resolved before we need it..

8. on the whole the guys that you are going with are ok so don't worry about that,

9. unless you are being employed in an assault pioneer, cimic or in a liaison role I would be worried and wonder why they accepted an engineer. The terms six month stag and cannon fodder springs to mind!

Mind you, now the Jackets have left the plastic woodentops are two companies short and need some gullib... sorry, happy volunteers! 8)

10. My bold:

Are you kidding, them lowering themselves to the RE? Cheeky as fcuk.

11. We just don't have enough guys to deploy as a full company. It isn't a matter of lowering standards, if that is what people think.. As Bedpan2zero said, you are an infantryman first. Our role out there isn't clear as yet, but you can guarantee that a degree of stagging on will be involved and this is part and parcel of being in the army..

Whatever our role is, even if it is Sangar bashing for 6 months, it is going to be hard mentally and physically. If you have concerns, voice them to someone tonight.

12. Cheers LJ, not too worried about it all really, jus in antcipation I suppose, am sure staggin on will be a phrase I,ll learn to love!!

13. Sound like a great oportunity for your "I love me" wall... you can go out with one Regt and come back with another.

14. Isnt that the joy of TA :D

15. stab_spr, unfortunately there is a lot of positive info about the LONDONS tour that can't go on this forum at the moment due to OPSEC. The command team for the company are good and are working hard with the parent Brigade preparing for the deployment. It should be good but challenging.

The bit you need to know is that there is training in December which you should try to attend. Your best advice is to contact the LONDONS Adj ASAP (RHQ telephone number from the Internet) who will put you in contact with the right people in the company.

The same goes for anyone else who thinks they are going off with the LONDONS in 2007.