Being judgemental - Is it something wrong?

I’m not judgemental, I know everyone is a cünt.

mrdude

War Hero
It's perfectly natural to be judgmental. If you weren't there would be something wrong with you & you wouldn't be able to make perfectly reasonable decisions.

Example: Some Skant is sitting at the Bus stop, smoking a fag and swearing at children. Now even though she was nice enough looking - you wouldn't think to yourself - 'hmmm there's a bird I'd marry'. Now you've just been judgmental - and potentially saved yourself from a world of misery.

The example above is purely to show you that you make judgements about people and things every day - based on you and your needs and your social needs, it's not wrong - it's hard wired into our DNA so we can make good choices based on reasoning, for our long term survival.

If it is accepted that Political Correctness is an assault on language, destroying all nuance and twisting words to new meanings, then conflating 'judgment' with 'judgmental' is simply PC in action in an undereducated population. With language weaponised through the medium of mass communication.

Those not yet re-educated still see the separation but the goodly folk howling at the OP, less so.

So, 'judgment', a core survival instinct, with a part of the brain specifically tasked with making them and honed by constant practise in the military environment.

'Judging', what my overly well-trousered relative does when voicing his opinion that the entire USA is a deplorable entity, though he has never been there, doesn't read anything not published by Mills & Boon and
gets his opinions from - well let's just say Pam Ayres had him in mind in the poem - 'They should have asked my husband'.

'Judgemental' in this context, the supremely ironic accusation of the educationally dispossessed, but entirely sincere, 'right on'.
All in my very humble opinion of course, lest I be judged for it.
The modern meme is also to place value on so called 'experts', who kindly judge what is right or wrong and even go so far to change the law to help us all find the path to enlightenment.... Your not judgemental if the law or twitter agrees with you. You are judgemental if you oppose that kindly simplification.

My personal belief is the population doesn't mature now until the late twenties or even mid thirties. Once maturity kicks in, we suddenly have evidence of the world and my suspicion is a reaction to all this trope is likely part of what fuels some elements of populism.

Has any of this in anyway at all effected your existence negatively
Nothing personally life changing, I'm sure. But does it have to in order to prompt a simple internet discussion?

If something becomes doctrine or the acceptable social norm merely through its unthinking emulation and repetition, then it can soon become something that affects us all.

It's perfectly natural to be judgmental. If you weren't there would be something wrong with you & you wouldn't be able to make perfectly reasonable decisions.

Example: Some Skant is sitting at the Bus stop, smoking a fag and swearing at children. Now even though she was nice enough looking - you wouldn't think to yourself - 'hmmm there's a bird I'd marry'. Now you've just been judgmental - and potentially saved yourself from a world of misery.

The example above is purely to show you that you make judgements about people and things every day - based on you and your needs and your social needs, it's not wrong - it's hard wired into our DNA so we can make good choices based on reasoning, for our long term survival.
So my judgement of her that she is probably a drain on society and therefore should be removed from it, is bad?
Incidentally, would anyone care for bulk soylent* green?

*Made in Southampton so it's Solent green...

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Last time I was judgemental was this morning. Trying to eat some breakfast I approached the lady at a nearby table and asked her if she would get off her phone and sort her crying baby out by changing its nappy.
Asked how I knew it needed changing I replied "because the smell of its shit is making my eyes water and putting me off my bacon and eggs!"

I was "dissing" her apparently, not showing "respect" and being "judgemental"....

I judged her to be a cnut
I’ve just half spat out a mouthful of pear I was munching on and couldn’t stop laughing.

Last time I was judgemental was this morning. Trying to eat some breakfast I approached the lady at a nearby table and asked her if she would get off her phone and sort her crying baby out by changing its nappy.
Asked how I knew it needed changing I replied "because the smell of its shit is making my eyes water and putting me off my bacon and eggs!"

I was "dissing" her apparently, not showing "respect" and being "judgemental"....

I judged her to be a cnut
Quite justified.
I think..;)." If only the shlaaaag had kept her knees together or took it up the curry shute."
SWMBO &I had a rather expensive meal at the Loch Lomond Duck Bay Marina almost ruined on Saturday with a couple of Millennials gaffawing into their smartphones, complete with two feral fekkin' rug rats spitting high pitched nasal venom at each other unchecked and ignoring the meals on their plates.
We said nothing but called the Head Waiter over and were transferred to another area as far away as possible.
Suffice to say the looks we got from these 2 cnuts were...well toxic.
Oh, they were Yanks by the way.
You Sir are a living legend.
Never under-estimate unknown twats in your immediate vicinity. They could be weapons grade ignorant cnuts.
Not being judgemental mind........

Last edited:

Chef

LE
I'd say judgemental decisions tend to be experienced based. From physical things, if it looks like a flame, is hot, it'll likely burn me.

If a nice chap knocks on the door and offers to tarmac my drive as they're in the area I had better like a mint imperial flavoured driveway.

Someone ringing up called Sebastian (from Delhi by the accent) to tell me I have a computer problem may have my best interests at heart so I may be wrong in declining their help and it may be judgemental.

But it saves time.

I'd say judgemental decisions tend to be experienced based. From physical things, if it looks like a flame, is hot, it'll likely burn me.

If a nice chap knocks on the door and offers to tarmac my drive as they're in the area I had better like a mint imperial flavoured driveway.

Someone ringing up called Sebastian (from Delhi by the accent) to tell me I have a computer problem may have my best interests at heart so I may be wrong in declining their help and it may be judgemental.

But it saves time.

It's a good point. People who are not judgemental, or who are reluctant to be seen as such, are the future victims of fraud. The fraudsters will know this only too well.

Of course it's normal. Even babes in arms are judgemental. It doesn't mean having to be horrible to someone else though.

Unless they're a god-botherer obviously.
You had me until your last throwaway line. ;-)

'Yo gimme your wallet'

Non-judgemental person - "Yes of course, you must have had some really difficult life issues to force you to do this, I feel a bit guilty about not buying you a mochachino so we can talk through them, but you know, no wallet. Sorry again.'

Judgemental person - smack, stomp.

Judging people is fine as long as your final judgement is evidence based.

I.e meeting someone for the first time does not give you evidence, it.mogjt give you examples.

A few days later you will have enough examples that can be used as evidence to prove they're a ****. :D
Say that at Walmart, when Bertha is in her mobility scooter followed by her daughter Cindy Lou pushing a buggy and the 4 grand kids picking their nose. Or my cousin with three different kids from three different baby daddies. I can’t get the garlic and make a salt circle fast enough to keep them away from my kids.

Nothing personally life changing, I'm sure. But does it have to in order to prompt a simple internet discussion?

If something becomes doctrine or the acceptable social norm merely through its unthinking emulation and repetition, then it can soon become something that affects us all.
You just responded to another of my pet peeves in that if it doesn't affect you personally you shouldn't have an opinion on it.

Utter dog toffee.
The Rwandan genocide didn't affect me personally but I sure as shit can have a discussion & opinion about it.
Another bedfellow of that is "If you've nothing good to say about something/someone then say nothing at all."

We're being treated like children under the supervision of a coddling mother and it stifles people's ability to think critically.

You just responded to another of my pet peeves in that if it doesn't affect you personally you shouldn't have an opinion on it.

Utter dog toffee.
The Rwandan genocide didn't affect me personally but I sure as shit can have a discussion & opinion about it.
Another bedfellow of that is "If you've nothing good to say about something/someone then say nothing at all."

We're being treated like children under the supervision of a coddling mother and it stifles people's ability to think critically.
Quite. And as I responded once before to someone who made a similar sniffily sanctimonious observation, if we were limited to commenting only on subjects that affected us personally this site (and most others) would have to shut up shop.

There is some pretty ******* twisted logic going on here:mrgreen::mrgreen: ya daft cun’ts

But did it cross your mind how well she could do fellatio and whether she would like her lips afterwards to catch any spillage?
That's judgmental too

Of course it's normal. Even babes in arms are judgemental. It doesn't mean having to be horrible to someone else though.

Unless they're a god-botherer obviously.
We're don't judge people. We simply warn people caught in the leathery claws of homogayness that they need to repent or they're going to Hell.

Latest Threads