Being Deaf in the TA

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Kingojosh93, Sep 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. just a quick one gents and I wasnt sure where to post this but I'm due a medical for a course with the TA in the next 2 weeks, but however Ive recently begun to suffer quite badly with my ears and have been told by my GP after having a hearing test that my hearing in my left ear has been quite severly reduced in the past few months.

The big question Im posing here is whether or not the TA will likely keep me on knowing this?

2. What! say again
    05-02.jpg

3. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I have pretty rough noise induced hearing loss, I'm supposed to wear hearing aids in both ears. I had a hearing test done by the MO and he medically downgraded me.

No more gun salutes, no deploying, no going in helicopters.

Range work still fine as long as I wear proper ear duffs.

4. oh right so likelyhood is Ill just end up as a P7?

5. Had to be done

6. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Yep.

7. I can live with that! Be a bit shit not deploying on the last herrick though

8. Depends on the tour, those assessed as MLD can still deploy on Op Tosca.

9. You could send literally anybody on 'Op' Tosca and they'd be more than suitable for the role.

10. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Never mind the TA, I'd find out why your hearing suddenly deteriorated if I were you.

11. Have you considered a commission? There's no requirement to listen to anyone or anything do hearing shouldn't be an issue!!!

• Like Like x 1