Being a gay officer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1
Hi,
I'm considering going into the army as an officer. I've just finished my degree and can't bear more years of study and would like to do something practical for once. However I'm gay and wanted to know what life would be like? Is there a high risk of being bullied? Would I have to keep it secret? Also how would soldiers react? I was talking to one on msn and when I said i was gay he was abusive and said no one would take me seriously if they found out.
Thanks
 
#6
Haha! Go on then I'll bite...

<wah helmet on>

If you can take a joke about being a poofter then you'll be fine. If not, or in fact if you can't take jib taking about anything no matter what it is, then for that reason alone the army won't be for you, whether you like men, donkeys or whatever.


If you do go for it then best of luck.
 
#8
Yes, but that was referring to your leadership ambitions and not your sexual orientation. Boom Boom.

On a more serious note if you only want to soldier don't tell anyone.
If you absolutely have to have veryone know that your gay think twice because you will probably find it difficult to fit in anyway.

Finally I'm struggling to conceive of a situation that could lead to you communicating with an actual soldier on MSN that is in anyway seemly and befitting of an officer. If you are serious, stop it. Now.
 
#9
auberonvonbulow said:
Hi,
I'm considering going into the army as an officer. I've just finished my degree and can't bear more years of study and would like to do something practical for once. However I'm gay and wanted to know what life would be like? Is there a high risk of being bullied? Would I have to keep it secret? Also how would soldiers react? I was talking to one on msn and when I said i was gay he was abusive and said no one would take me seriously if they found out.
Thanks
Is this the sort of question you'd ask if you were going in to any other career? :roll:




Yet another "look at me, I'm a bottom toucher but I dare you to treat me different". :roll:
 
#10
Detective_Dewar_Cooler said:
Haha! Go on then I'll bite...

<wah helmet on>

If you can take a joke about being a poofter then you'll be fine. If not, or in fact if you can't take jib taking about anything no matter what it is, then for that reason alone the army won't be for you, whether you like men, donkeys or whatever.


If you do go for it then best of luck.
Thanks. I can take a joke though I really don't like the f word.
 
#11
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
auberonvonbulow said:
Hi,
I'm considering going into the army as an officer. I've just finished my degree and can't bear more years of study and would like to do something practical for once. However I'm gay and wanted to know what life would be like? Is there a high risk of being bullied? Would I have to keep it secret? Also how would soldiers react? I was talking to one on msn and when I said i was gay he was abusive and said no one would take me seriously if they found out.
Thanks
Is this the sort of question you'd ask if you were going in to any other career? :roll:




Yet another "look at me, I'm a bottom toucher but I dare you to treat me different". :roll:
No but than its not the usual career being so close to other men etc.
 
#15
no, its a genuine question. when my brother was in rmas there was a gay fella there. he said that yes, the p~ss was taken but only in the way that the army taked the p&ss out of everyone, if they like you personally they wont give you an overly hard time over it, if my brothers experience is anything to go by.
also my gfs bro in tha paras had a platoon gay and they loved him because he did all their sowing.
questions message me an i can see if i can contact them 4 more info
 
#16
auberonvonbulow said:
Detective_Dewar_Cooler said:
Haha! Go on then I'll bite...

<wah helmet on>

If you can take a joke about being a poofter then you'll be fine. If not, or in fact if you can't take jib taking about anything no matter what it is, then for that reason alone the army won't be for you, whether you like men, donkeys or whatever.


If you do go for it then best of luck.
Thanks. I can take a joke though I really don't like the f word.
Bless
 
#20
auberonvonbulow said:
Detective_Dewar_Cooler said:
Haha! Go on then I'll bite...

<wah helmet on>

If you can take a joke about being a poofter then you'll be fine. If not, or in fact if you can't take jib taking about anything no matter what it is, then for that reason alone the army won't be for you, whether you like men, donkeys or whatever.


If you do go for it then best of luck.
Thanks. I can take a joke though I really don't like the f word.
Seriously, do you think anyone would care what words you don't like? The answer to that fella would be a big fat no - so man up and grow a set (hypothetically speaking if you are a woman of course, but the principal is the same). Each person is different maybe it's for you maybe not, for all kinds of reasons - your sexuality might be the least of your worries.

Now do excuse me I've spent far too much time than your original question really deserves in all honesty.Hopefully that gives you an insight. Cheerio duckie!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads

Latest Threads