being a diver in the army

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am going for a job as a port operator and was wanting to go onto become diver but my recruiter couldnt give me much info on this and was wondering if anyone has much info on becoming a diver. also how hard is it to become one

[nowah]

Isn't Diving an RE trade & Port Ops RLC? From what I've heard military diving is a pretty tough career option.

[/nowah]

Having scrubbed hulls and disentangled nets from props and shafts for beer-chits I can't imagine why anyone would want to dive in ports and harbours for a living. It's dark, disgusting and thankless work. Join up for the right reasons and do the scuba diving for fun when you can. (Quote: Stay on the boat. Don't ever get off the boat Man.... End quote)

sounds fun. im really just thinking of a career when i finish with the army im ex fisherman so i want a challenge and something where money will be half decent always fancied doing something like that

So, you want the Army to give you a motorcycle licence, and train you as a diver, so you can leave and earn some decent money.

What does the Army get out of it, other than some semi-literate selfish cnut?

'good luck' - as the RE Diving course had a higher failure rate than P Coy.

So, you want the Army to give you a motorcycle licence, and train you as a diver, so you can leave and earn some decent money.

Well they already sent him to the MCTC so he thinks they owe him a living.

Lets not forget his time in the desert on Op Granby as well.

sounds fun. im really just thinking of a career when i finish with the army im ex fisherman so i want a challenge and something where money will be half decent always fancied doing something like that
Ever thought of qualifying as an English Language teacher?

How about becoming a Mufti Diver......Jim could have fixed it for you alas too late...

That's because hats wanted to be Army divers.

It's hard enough wearing one of these:

Can you imagine doing TABs in it? Does make the likely of getting an ABF nose during milling a lot less likely, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.