Beijing Isn't Going To Like This

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mr_Fingerz, Jan 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

2. Plenty more Chinese where they came from.
  3. Will this stop me being able to buy sweet & sour & chips ? nope thought not. No need to worry then.
  4. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

There's around 35 million 'surplus' males in China, and another 25 million or so in India - let alone the ther uncounted millions in the rest of S Asia (and a good few in the UK, where sex selection abortionis increasingly common i some groups).

In other words - yes, there's plenty more where these came from. Plus, if you've got a clunge, you are more than ever sitting on a fortune! :)
  5. Beijing will like it. What a great reason to put its own tropps in Africa to protect its work force.
  6. There's a Chinese tropper?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I wouldn't be surprised if dogs start disappearing there soon, a sure sign that chinese special forces are in the area.
  8. Yes, he's called Sun Tzu, smug bastard wreckons he's thousands of years old.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. SPLM-N seem to be going out of their way to reassure Beijing, which is rather odd given Chinese support for the Sudanese regime. I guess realpolitik triumphs again.

As to the Chinese response, they've some very capable types who're used to wandering in and out of places unnoticed but I suspect these will only be used if the captors change their tune. Buying captives' freedom seems to be their usual MO.

The most worrying thing about it from the captives' point of view is that "army spokesman Sawarmi Khalid Saad told Reuters news agency... the army had launched an operation to rescue them." I'd be shitting myself in their position.
  10. David Carradine would have sorted this in one episode.

I really don't think that this bodes well for the captured road workers. Rebels in African states tend to have access to, and a predaliction to abuse, halucinigetic substances that tend to queer sound rational thinking.
  11. Dunno, those MSF types in 2009 got out OK after being taken hostage. On the other hand, in 2007 and 2008 groups of Chinese oil workers were taken hostage and killed.

I guess it depends on who's got them, how much control their headshed have over their men and how much they want Chinese money.
  12. The South are looking for outside investment to run pipelines Eastwards, which will effectively cut the North out of the equation. (and leave the North really in the poo)
    Sudan Vision Daily - Details
    Who has the capital available for this sort of project, which will allow the Chinese to fill up their tankers from Kenya?
    The South will be looking to China for investment soon. There's no benefit for them to shoot a few migrant workers.
  13. 7.62mmx39mm?
  14. Nope!