Behind Enemy Lines: in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Skynet, Jan 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Behind Enemy Lines: more revealing than a thousand Afghan conferences

Author: Jonathan Miller|Posted: 8:59 pm on 28/01/10
    Category: World News Blog | Tags: Afghanistan/ al-Qaida/ Taliban
    On a pinboard in the Pentagon in the summer of 2004, as insurgency in Iraq took a turn for the worse, they put up a flier advertising a special screening of Gillo Pontecorvo’s 1966 classic film The Battle of Algiers.

It depicts the ruthless tactics employed by French colonial paratroopers and nationalist guerrillas in the Kasbah of Algiers – the Fallujah of its day. The film was promoted as a “watch and learn” experience for all would-be counter-insurgency strategy strategists.

Now Nato in Afghanistan has a rather more up-to-date “watch and learn” experience coming soon.

Next Monday night, Channel 4’s Dispatches programme will be screening “Behind Enemy Lines” in which award-winning Afghan journalist Najibullah Quraishi spends ten days with a group of fanatical jihadi fighters – some of them Talibs, others belonging to the Hezb-i-Islami faction, others foreigners belonging to al-Qaida.
    More
    http://blogs.channel4.com/snowblog/2010/01/28/behind-enemy-lines-more-revealing-than-a-thousand-afghan-conferences/?

2. That reporter has got a great big brass pair. Sobering opinion.

P-T

3. Andy_S

Andy_S LE Book Reviewer

Fascinating, and, I would guess, instructive. If this makes it to YouTube or other ex-UK media, please let us know.

4. Andy_S the best place to get it after it airs is from either uknova.com or thebox.bz. You will need a torrent downloader - if you do not already have one then I recommend utorrent.com.

Most UK programmes are uploaded to these sites within 24 hours of being shown. I get all of my British TV from here, Japanese TV being utter crap in general.

Any probs feel free to pm me