Beharry VC - Press Release by wife

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by OldRedCap, Mar 20, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Following reports in the media on the morning of 1 July 2004, a great deal of media interest was focused on a wounded soldier, Private Beharry of 1st Battalion Princess of Wales' Royal Regiment. His wife, Mrs Lynthia Beharry, has made it clear that she does not wish to speak directly to the media about her husband. But she has asked the MOD to publish a statement on her behalf. Journalists are strongly urged to respect Mrs Beharry's privacy

"Johnson Beharry my husband; I am so proud to mention his name. He was born on 26th July 1979, in Grenada in the West Indies. Johnson has been to hell and back in the past three months, and he came back as a true hero. Johnson is that type of individual who loves to help others, no matter what it is or when it might be; he just does it.

"I was not very surprised by what he has done in Iraq but I am so very proud of him. He is a hero and he will always be, not only for what he has done, but for who is really is deep down inside. He always said that when he joined the Army he knew exactly what he was getting himself into, and he wants to do what he was trained for. Well of course, no one would do six months of such hard training and just sit on it in the end; you would want to put into practice, which is what he has done.

"So finally he done what he always wanted to do, and I know that he is very happy with himself for what he has done. I don't think that he was thinking of himself or anything else at the time, other than getting his colleagues to safety, because that's just the way he is. He is such a kind, generous, helpful and hard working person. He is also very good with his hands, let's say multi-talented. He is good with engines, carpentry, painting... in fact anything he puts his mind towards, he will get it done on time and it's got to be perfect, he believes that his work is never complete until everything is perfect and error free.

"He has been seriously injured, but he is now recovering and doing very well. The injury he sustained was very serious, and for what he has been through he is so lucky to be alive, and I want to thank God for that and everyone who has been praying for him. He is very strong and he is a fighter as well, nothing holds him back. It has been very tough for the past two weeks, but seeing what has happened to him, I felt so helpless because there was nothing I could of done to take pain away from him, but keep praying to God. The entire family, friends, colleagues, even my friends and colleagues, has been praying for him and brilliantly supporting him in his recovery.

"The welfare officers have been brilliant, and I just want to thank everybody for all that they have done, and encourage them to keep praying for him and the all the others who are out in Iraq right now.

"We all want him to be up again and doing the things in life that he loves doing. I couldn't ask for a better husband, friend and partner in Johnson, and I just love him so much and want him to get better so that we can take him home. I am very proud of him and I want everyone out there to feel the happiness with me because Johnson is great; he is a fantastic person and I am sure that, by what they have read in the paper, will show just what type of person he is.

"Yes, it's his job but we've got to give him his praises for his bravery, I don't want anyone to stop talking about what he is done because everytime I hear it or talk about it I'm just just flooded with his happiness.

"My name is Lynthia Beharry and I am 23 years of age, We have been married for two and half years and we have been together eight years now. We are both from Grenada, I love my husband very much I am happy to be his wife

2. Good girl!

3. Very well said Mrs. Beharry. 2 very modest people.

4. I get the feeling that thier lives are going to change somewhat though.

5. 2 of the good ones! Here's to a full recovery, and a long and happy life together.

6. Bless you, lass!
    Johnson, looks like you've got a jewel of a girl!
    Good luck and long life to both of you.

7. A nice dose of reality in an increasinly cynical world. There's nothing wrong in our Army with lads and wives like this. Best of luck to them both.

All you pollies out there; keep your grubby hands well away from them. That goes for the media as well.