Beginning of the end for 7 Regt?

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by radarboy, Feb 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I just read that the Gazelles of 3 Flt did a flypast over Stirling on Jan 8th as "a prelude to formal disbandment". Does this spell the beginning of the end for 7 Regt? Can anyone confirm? I always thought it was a crazy decision! I guess there are just 6 weeks left now!

I also heard that there is a new review of Reserve Forces underway. I'd hate to think that the powers that be decide that 7 Regt was a great idea, just after they disband it!!

I guess I'm ever hopeful (or plain naive) that there will be a last minute reprieve... :(
  2. 7 Regt is continuing

Won’t be (V) and will be flying much more than Gazelles though :wink:
  3. The plot thickens!! Now I'm really confused :? All the news I'm reading is that 7 Regt is still for the chop and March 31st is the last day...

CAARPS, your message is cryptic! This wouldn't have anything to do with "Their" new Dauphins would it?! :idea:

In any case, will Netheravon still be 7 Regt HQ??
  4. 7 Regiment (V) expires on 31 Mar 09, all personnel are moving on, TA pilots are being thinned out, Netheravon will cease to be a permanent AAC flying base. The title is being passed on to Flying Wing at Wallop...any clearer?
  5. Crystal! So besides the number plate being passed on (very cunning I think, BTW! A good way of losing a Regiment without losing a Regiment!), my original post is essentially correct.
  6. Yes

And so was mine :D
  7. Can confirm the flypast as i was in one of the cabs.7 Regt closing pissu..a mean party is on the 17th Feb.Then individual Flts and Sqns having there tea parties.
  8. Any Invites for us Ex 7 reg Vets..... 8)