Begging Bowl (Chrimbo grovel)

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Mighty_doh_nut, Dec 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. December 9th will be the anniversary of the start of the 'Helpthemout / Sgt Slingsby / Holidays4heros' outfit.

On the 9th I, along with Spanish Dave, Blue Sophist and Meridan will post a statement of achievements and accounts for the year also coinciding with the launch of Holidays4heros and all the Gucci account trimmings and grown upliyness that goes with it.

Last year, part of the icing on the cake and the biggest reward was sending servicemen in trouble and their families a bit of something to make them aware they were being thought about, cared about and valued. We did this in a few ways. We provided Chrimbo dinner, pressies for the kids, vouchers etc etc.

This year, whilst sending troops etc to Spain, whilst dealing with debt cases, handling evictions we've picked up a few friends..... friends who are better off for the donations from you guys and the efforts of Dave and the team..... They still aren't out of the woods but are very much stood on their own feet.

This year, like last we'd like to give them a bit of a festive boost and provide them with a bit of something for their kids (Nothing extravagant, there are alot of them :D) and for those who are on their uppers, provide Tesco / Sainsburys vouchers enabling them to have Christmas dinner on us.

We can only do this with your help.

If you've got a buckshee couple of quid, lob it our way, let us put it to use and put a smile on a serviceman's face.

We've got injured toms and JNCOs whose payouts mean they don't have a lot to spare. We've got blokes in shelters who might benefit from their hipflask being topped up. Kids who lost their daddy and wives and mums who have lost sons and husbands.

I can't put an amount on what we need because its never going to be enough, not wanting to sound ungrateful by any means, but there are a lot of blokes out there and we can't get round them all. Just the ones who we know about, who's welfare officers have got in touch.

So, for the last time with this account (Switchfire to Hols4heroes on 9th)

Sort: 77-51-01
    Acct: 54713568

Both: C Lee

Regular updates to follow.

Anyone who has unwanted playstation Xbox games etc etc, please drop me a PM and I'll try and get something organised.
  2. For people who have joined this year who aren't familiar have a look at

And various . numerous / countless threads in the NAAFI

There will also be a few auction items going up over the next couple of days.
  3. Half a ton on it's way this evening, another half next Thurs. Good effort Charity team, I'm proud to have supported you this year, and look forward to helping out those lesss fortunate in times to come.
  4. I will when I can.

Edited to say: MDN, previous converstions with offers, still stands.
  5. And still noted, will almost certainly happen with whats planned for next year
  6. Done.

MDN - I still have that stuff if you need it....
  7. Bit of cash sent, wish it could be more but can't do at the moment. Will try to send more next week

What kind of Playstation games do you want? I've got a few older ones
  8. mwl946

mwl946 LE Good Egg (charities)

Mine on its way too MDN

Best can do for now
  9. Usual winging it's way to you on the 19th MDN....remind me in a PM to switch the account details. Sorry I cannot offer more, as of the 23rd I will be unemployed as my company can't extend my contract due to budgetry restraints.
  10. Bah, Humbug. If I must... :D
    £20.00 sent through BACS to your Lloyds account.
  11. Still owe the team a drink.

When will you guys be in the smoke?
  12. Donation incoming, not much I'm afraid, but as that well known supermarket says, "Every Little Helps" :wink:
  13. Bump.
  14. £20 sent
  15. Nice start, over 135 brought in over night.

Cheers for the continued support.

Dig deep some who are members here and members of the wider forces community could genuinley benefit from out help.