BeforeYouSignUp - for young ppl thinking of joining

Bris

LE
IMG_4387.PNG

'Totally unfair' doesn't sound impartial or balanced.

You don't differentiate between AWOL and Desertion. Are you aware of the difference?

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Assuming the OP is David Gee, it does come across as simplistic, subjective, negative and childish in tone. No offence.

D

Deleted 20555

Apparently having illegal drugs available if one wishes to resign is a good idea.

Load of bollocks. I'm with Bris.

Design is awful and outdated. Black background? Really?

The usefulness and accuracy of the content could best be described as "variable".

I assume you work in a shop or office?

I assume that you (or someone you know) has had a bad experience?

On the subject of AWOL can you name an employer who will have a "fair" reaction to you not showing up to work with no good reason?

You don't tend to go to pokey if you fail to turn up for work at McDonald's though.

FB_IMG_1485091502068.jpg

I can't help but picture the OP doing this..

Thanks for the feedback. Will change the AWOL page a bit and think about colour scheme.

If any of the info's actually inaccurate, I'll fix it, though I haven't heard that from any one yet.

Bris

LE
Thanks for the feedback. Will change the AWOL page a bit and think about colour scheme.

If any of the info's actually inaccurate, I'll fix it, though I haven't heard that from any one yet.
Whether it's accurate or not right now is one issue.

How is it updated? Word of mouth? Constant review of the JSP?

Where is your info from?

It also appears that you suggest drug use as a way to leave the forces.

What do you make of BeforeYouSignUp.info? Tries to give balanced info on the pros and cons of joining up. Not quite finished yet. Feedback welcome.

Eventually, if you do want to leave after a few years then you have to give a year's notice first. A lot of soldiers think this rule is unfair. It means you have to apply to leave before you have another job lined up. This is probably one of the reasons that a lot of veterans who've left the army find it hard to get another job afterwards.

A years pay to ease into civvie street with 20 working day termination leave in the last month, up to 38 working days leave plus (depending on time served) up to 7 weeks graduated resettlement time, suggests that its not lots at all.

Please move this to the naafi.
I wish to use some fruity Language

If you go AWOL when you're ordered to go to war then you can go to prison for life:- That's totally unfair.

What's totally unfair in that situation is that you've voluntarily signed up, you get trained and equipped and they pay you. Then you decide that actually you don't want to do what you said you would, what you're trained, equipped and paid for. Now that's totally unfair!

You are making judgments on the Army that may sway other people, rather than presenting the information and leaving it at that, for the potential recruit to make their own mind up.

Latest Threads