Before selection

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by El_Tel, Nov 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Do I need to make a commitment to which role I want to do before I get to selection, have already done BARB, maths and literacy tests and my med foms are in, however, I still can not decide which role I want to, so do I need to hurry up and decide or can I decide after selection?

Many thanks
  2. you can take as long as you want, you havn made any commitment yet, things from now go as quickly or as slow as you want. if you do everything fkin ricky tick, and pressure them, it'll go fast, but that wont give you time to think about which role you want to choose. take your time, and think about it properly, as its min 4 years of your life
  3. I believe they need to know. because there are different entry requirements for different jobs. Like Signals have to do a maths test at the ADSC. etc...

But not too sure mate as I'm just applying too.

4. Thats why you have three choices before ADSC, so if one doesnt work out you can goto your other choice, I only put one choice down, I asked my recruiter if I could change from what I had, to Main Battle Tank and he said that wouldnt be a problem just let me know a week or so before you start basic.
  5. You need to know your three job choices prior to your Recruiters interview, do lots of research and look at the job briefs your careers advisors given you. Ask if there are any Look At Life courses you can go on but be certain what career choices you want to do before interviews. The best advice is to speak to your own careers advisor so he can give you the right direction.
  6. Nice one cheers everyone!