Before & After: What do REME do after discharge?

Hi Guys. I am curious what you guys all do when you leave the Corps. Is there a REME trend? Use this thread to share your BEFORE & AFTER...

eg:

Before: Armourer (Sgt) After: Stacking shelves in Tesco's

Still a Sgt VM, will soon be stacking shelves in tesco's :wink: until i spend my gratuity

A few examples that I have are as follows:

Father, tiffysgt had his own garage.
Friend, tiffysgt now H&S bod
Relative, Ltcol became an uncivil servant

most of dads mates became mechanics after leaving the mob......... :D

before 15 year long time upf.ck,, now self employed plumber.

Before: WO2 (AQMS) former A Mech
After: Residential Child Care Officer (RCCO) at a school for children with Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (SEBD) also studying BA (Hons) Social Work at Salford University.

Ex WO2 (AQMS) left under options for change
Now businessman computer industry.

B4: VMB/Clerk (Cpl)
After: Workshop Administrator, Double Glazing Salesman, Satellite Installer, Warranty Claims Consultant, Driving Instructor, Transport Manager

Went into banking after discharge for a short while, then back to Her Majesty for 5 years, currently carrying out interface research for Jobcentre Plus.

Get in touch with RAJA - WO1 there has got some interesting contacts, and some firms looking to snap up the right person.

befeater said:
Ex ASM vehicles, beefeater tower of london, and now a storeman :cry:
i do believe you were my ASM at one time, Paderborn?? Didnt you come acrross from the Inf Bn and run the Armd LAD up the road for a few months, i seem to recall the stand up arguement you had on the shop floor with a certain HQ Sqn Major.

He was not used to being told to Fcuk off!!

before L/CPL VM
after Police