Bees On Heat? -- No, They Are Vuvuzelas !

A

ALVIN

Those funking Vuvuzelas, those plastic trumpets at the Word Cup that sound like a swarm of bees on heat are to remain FIFA has ruled.
Complains have been flooding in about the annoying sound that these instruments are making for the home viewer, the best part is, the more sophisticated your equipment is , the more annoying the sound!
For those who don't know, its like a million bees permanently hovering around the main microphone .

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/article/8698/

I cab vouch for that...I've got a decent sound system for the tele..and fark me, it was the most irritating noise!

Thing is, it's "their" way of expressing support etc, can you imagine of people told us to stop the singing and chants on the terraces?

I'm not a great one for watching the footie, but what I have seen of it has really pissed me off due to the drone in the background

Zoot said:
I'm not a great one for watching the footie, but what I have seen of it has really pissed me off due to the drone in the background
Indeed. Really, really annoying. Still, could be worse I suppose..

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
My World Cup is being ruined by that dull incessant drone. What were ITV thinking hiring Adrian Chiles?

Oh, so South Africans are starving then? Stop spending my donations on annoying shitty plastic trumpets and buy some fucking rice.

Cunts.

After almost 20 years of marriage, I have developed the ability to tune out of annoying background noises.

However I have noticed that after 15-20 minutes of ignoring it, I find myself saying "yes dear" for no apparent reason...

on the radio today they said you can now download a 'vuvuzela app' for the iPhone.....that should make the daily commute tres interesant!!!

You sponsor a black kid £2, and they run out and buy a fucking trumpet! FFS!

A

ALVIN

armr617 said:
the Beeb is talking about adding the option to turn off stadium sound via the red buttn
Err .... The option to turn off "Vuvuzelas sound" would be more appropriate. :)

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It is not as bad as the English commentators (and Alan Hansen :x ) droning on and on about 1966. At least the vuvuzela will only last for this World Cup :p

I've suffered decades of suffering the constant inescapable whine of wendy ball pundits droning on and on about the wonders of the last 90 minutes which produced precisely no goals when loads of great sport is happening all around. England in Australia - hello? I think they just won a match, so how about telling us what the score was?

Vuvuzelas? Irony? I'm fricking loving it!

Auld-Yin said:
It is not as bad as the English commentators (and Alan Hansen :x ) droning on and on about 1966. At least the vuvuzela will only last for this World Cup :p
Don't bank on it apparently there's a massive order getting placed to bring them to the UK was on BBC breakfast this morning coming. :x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DrStealth The NAAFI Bar 3
N The Training Wing 2
D REME 48