Beer

Unlike Ravers, i like bitter and real ale.

And get some fucking peanuts while you're at it.

My local has a pint brewed specially for it called "The jogging donkey". Very nice and very drinkable. I'm also a lover of Cains FA - however in my fridge at home I have Cobra, Peroni and Corona.

L

lumpy2

I'm afraid I'm with Ravers on this. I love the idea of real ale, the quaffing, the traditions, the whimsical names etc.

Believe me I've tried ,but it just tastes gopping. And it leaves a sickly taste, which you would know about if you've ever been breathed on by a real ale afficianado.

So I'm a confirmed lager lass :)

Any ale that get's me drunk quickly!
But mostly real ales like exmoor, cotleighs, tanglefoot or anything by badger etc.

Guiness in Dublin. Paulaner in Munich. Cobra with curry and Bruin 8 in Westvleteren. Anything Belgian, nothing American and handbags in Herford. Currently have a pint of Hobgoblin in hand...

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Sent from my Nexus 7 using ARRSE mobile app

Guinness from whatever part of the island. Although this last while I've been going for becks and pilsners. Every so often I'll grab a box of Wychwood

I used to be a lager lout and couldn't stand real ale, it remind me of boring bearded cunts in tweed jackets with a whiff of stale pipe tobacco about them.

I have however now found the true nectar of the Gods. Pale Ale, or to give it it's proper name East India Pale Ale (IPA) so I'm now into Tui's or Speights.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
A good real ale is a total joy, like angels singing Luther Vandross songs. Unfortunately its hard to keep in that condition and many pubs just cant be arsed to do so. I tend to hunt down real ale pubs like a character from a JRR Tolkein book looking for something difficult to find. Even in bottles there are some superb beers. Bass White Label if you can find it, or Owd Rodger. To my immense joy I found Hobgoblin in a supermarket in Moscow last month, but at 170 roubles per bottle they can fuck off and I drank Siberian Crown at 30 roubles per bottle.

Czech beer is best in Czech Republic. My favourite pub - U Vejvodu.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I used to be a lager lout and couldn't stand real ale, it remind me of boring bearded cunts in tweed jackets with a whiff of stale pipe tobacco about them.

I have however now found the true nectar of the Gods. Pale Ale, or to give it it's proper name East India Pale Ale (IPA) so I'm now into Tui's or Speights.
Admittedly I can just about handle a Pale Ale, if no decent lager is on offer.

I've discovered one up here called Cold Fell which is just about palatable. It's brewed with lager hops/yeast.

Anyway we should have a competition to see who can come up with the best Real Ale name.

I'll start with Coalminer's Tagnut.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Good CO The Intelligence Cell 11
PLOD Aviation 14
Davros_the_Dalek Int Corps 9