Beer

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Tweed Man, Jan 19, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We all love a pint from time to time, so whats your favourate?
    Mine happens to be Guiness

2. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

3. Unlike Ravers, i like bitter and real ale.

And get some fucking peanuts while you're at it.

4. My local has a pint brewed specially for it called "The jogging donkey". Very nice and very drinkable. I'm also a lover of Cains FA - however in my fridge at home I have Cobra, Peroni and Corona.

5. I'm afraid I'm with Ravers on this. I love the idea of real ale, the quaffing, the traditions, the whimsical names etc.

Believe me I've tried ,but it just tastes gopping. And it leaves a sickly taste, which you would know about if you've ever been breathed on by a real ale afficianado.

So I'm a confirmed lager lass :)

6. Any ale that get's me drunk quickly!
    But mostly real ales like exmoor, cotleighs, tanglefoot or anything by badger etc.

7. Guiness in Dublin. Paulaner in Munich. Cobra with curry and Bruin 8 in Westvleteren. Anything Belgian, nothing American and handbags in Herford. Currently have a pint of Hobgoblin in hand...

8. Ravers

• Like Like x 2
  9. Heh. You'll be laying down some Jennings "Cocker Hoop" before long, if only for your ARRSEr visitors who won't be able to resist the name.

Also, "Cross Buttock" is on this year's Seasonal List. As is "Cocky Blonde".

Welcome to Jennings Brewery

10. Ravers

I've tried to like ale, I really have, it just tastes gash and gives me a headache after two pints.

Lager on the other hand is crisp, refreshing golden nectar.

You can keep your Vicar's Old Peculiar Helm Cheddar to yourself.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rothaus Pilsner, nectar of the Teutonic Gods.

12. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Sent from my Nexus 7 using ARRSE mobile app

Guinness from whatever part of the island. Although this last while I've been going for becks and pilsners. Every so often I'll grab a box of Wychwood

• Like Like x 1
  13. BALIFF! Wack that mans Pee-Pee!!!

14. Trappist ...

• Like Like x 1