Beer Goggles

OK, it's Friday - time to talk beer again.

I found this little beauty whilst reading the BBC web site Beer Goggles

Scientists believe they have worked out a formula to calculate how "beer goggles" affect a drinker's vision.
The drink-fuelled phenomenon is said to transform supposedly "ugly" people into beauties - until the morning after.
Anyone got any related stories they'd like to share?

Sadly, in my youth, I was afflicted by the occasional beer goggle syndrome. On one occasion, a real horror turned up on the doorstep of my parents house and after I had pursuaded her to leave and never return my dad took me to one side. "Son. It's about time you stopped going to dark nightclubs". I didn't have the heart to tell him that it was because I was completely p1ssed, but then again, as dads do, he probabaly already knew and it was just hi way of saying, "What a pig!".

I wore beer goggles for a full 14months, when i sobered up i divorced the pig i had married.

essexbob said:
I wore beer goggles for a full 14months, when i sobered up i divorced the pig i had married.
Sounds like the reverse George Best syndrome - he copped off with some beauties when p1shed and then binned them (when still p1shed apparently)

This sort of ties in, but you may have heard of the bird who's a "Kronenbourg" (she looks 16 from behind but 64 from the front). Drink enough of it and this phenomena presumably disappears.

V!

meet this total stunner one night (with my beer goggles on) we got on great, laugh and joked alnight.
went for a necking in the pub car park and after a bit of wondering hand trouble i come accross a set of MEAT AND TWO VEG.

She didnt look so good with a bloody nose and black eye !

buges said:
meet this total stunner one night (with my beer goggles on) we got on great, laugh and joked alnight.
went for a necking in the pub car park and after a bit of wondering hand trouble i come accross a set of MEAT AND TWO VEG.

'kin 'ell - that's almost enough to make you go teetotal (I said almost) 8O

Do you still get nightmares?

I've never gone to bed with an ugly woman!

But I've woken up with a few. :oops:

Dont get nightmares anymore but i'm thinking about joining the Navy !

Hello Sailor, Chase Me.

lol

buges said:

i would have kept that quiet.........

buges said:

i would have kept that quiet.........

I should have kept it quiet 6 years ago, but NO not I, big mouthed me, I told me mates and it has supplied numeruos hours of pi55 taking
ever since.
I'm used to it now, and looking back I can see the funny side. ( I think ) lol

Just remember - before you start buying your future target any drinks, check to see if shes got a sense of humour and anyother unwelcome body parts.

I once lay deathly still, pretending to be fast asleep, for about an hour and a half until the old moose in whose bed I'd ended up finally got fed up and went out. I would have put my disco kit back on in 30 seconds flat only by that time my entire arm had gone completely numb and was flopping around like a freshly caught mackerel. It took a good 5 minutes to become useful again ... then I legged it.

Truth being stranger than fiction there is actually a scientific explanation for the beer goggle effect: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/4468884.stm

Helps explain why I've never chatted up an ugly woman but I've woken up with a few who've produced the coyote effect (rather bite my arm off than move it and disturb them).

exbluejob said:
Truth being stranger than fiction there is actually a scientific explanation for the beer goggle effect: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/4468884.stm

Helps explain why I've never chatted up an ugly woman but I've woken up with a few who've produced the coyote effect (rather bite my arm off than move it and disturb them).
Is that a wind up mr ex blue job?

You'd think you might have clicked on the wee blue hyperlink thingy on my first post :roll:

Do me a favour matey - define whether you're an ex light or dark blue job so that I can tailor my p!ss taking accordingly :oops: :oops:

I had supped a few and decided to give a certain lady the benefit behind the Robin Hood pub in Colchester, I was arrested by the police for having an offensive person on my weapon. I thought she was a stunner, oh hum!

Is that a wind up mr ex blue job?
DOH!!! Its what comes of reading too many websites and getting confused, like what you do! Its a fair cop 'guv, I'll come quietly :oops: If I were ex dark blue I'd probably have some naff tag like, senior service or rum bum & baccy or the like.
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/beer.html

Hello sailor.

Many years ago (in the 70s actually) Jim was on a bus, on the way to a date with an absolute voluptuous stunner I'd met a couple of nights ago at a party. Two stops along the route a mate of mine, on leave from NI, got on. The prospect of a night on the pish with my mate was tempting, but then so was the thought of what heights of passion I and the buxom siren might attain. I told him I'd have to pass on the pish-up but we'd arrange one for another time soon.

As we got near to the stop where my date had arranged to meet me, I stood up to get off. At that moment I saw her through the top deck window. She was truly hideous. I mean, I'm talking about a whale in a fur coat. In fact I only recognised her from the coat she was wearing, the one I'd graciously helped her into at the end of the party. Beer goggle syndrome at its worst. I sat back down, stayed on the bus and spent the rest of the night on a royal bender with my mate. Much later I arrived home in a taxi full of sick, with a gash on my forehead that needed stitches. A good night by my standards at the time.

But I was lucky. The post script came when about five years later I saw her, even more huge than I remembered, dragging her weedy sap of a husband behind her as she barked orders to him in the local shopping precinct. That mate saved me from her (however not from the first Mrs Jim, but that's another story).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Blogg The NAAFI Bar 11
dragknuckle Blue Jokes 0
spent_case The NAAFI Bar 23