Beer for the Boys

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by AlfieNoakes, Sep 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A good cause and perhaps some evidence that those folks who operate the airbridge really do have more concern for their passengers than their critics often suggest:

RAF asks for 'beer money' donations

2. Dont get me wrong, Brilliant idea.

But once, Just sodding once, could the government not use the MOD budget for this as it is not exactly a major fund needed.
    Why is it that everything seems to be reliant on charity/sponsors etc.
    When will the government take f&cking responsibility for Their war.

As above, It is a bloody good idea, and good on the companies that sponsor it.

Kind of get the feeling the government will be having a whip round to get ammo next.

Gadge

3. Beer on a flight home is a ridiculous suggestion.

4. First ever post on here so please no abuse: What happens to all the cans the VATman takes off honest people who enjoy a beer or truck load at Dover etc. Instead of pouring it down the drain why not ship it to Brize? Cuts waste, provides free beer so no-one has to donate and probably reduces the carbon footprint and allows Polor bears to sleep at night

5. I know that this is Current Affairs, News and Analysis, but stop being so bloody sensible - and on your first post as well!

6. Why would this post be charcoaled?

'Tis a bloody good idea. :lol:

7. STOP using common sense

Gah some people!

8. You're never going to make it on this forum talking common sense like that!

9. Great minds think alike. It's the sensible thing to do and a complete waste if they don't.

I made the suggestion to my MP in an email yesterday morning.

He said he'd put it to the Chancellor in the lobby. Let's hope you are an honourable man, Mr Mark Pritchard (Cons) MP for The Wrekin.

10. That's the spirit (excuse pun) Cat Man. Let us know if you get a response.

11. To be fair to Pritchard he responded very quickly and said he'd pass the idea on. Whether Darling agrees to it or not is another matter. I don't care if they just do it and say nothing as long as they do the right thing.

Perhaps if it works out they could extend the idea and any spare rounds or knives that Plod take off street gangs could go to the TA :D

12. I think some of us need to pay a visit to www.onelaughhaveit.co.uk as some of the members are dissing the lads in Afghanistan. One even says giving beer to them for their return flights is an unworthy charity. I'll say no more about it and leave yous to pay them a visit and help put them right.