Beer choice indicates England is screwed.

I assume you got pretty good at beer pong?
I was always better at the start than the finish.

Never got used to doing the keg upside down though - I think US beer is slightly fizzier and used to do funny stuff to my nose.

Which was a shame since the one over British guy could do handstand push-ups whilst chugging.....

My favourite drinking memory was a bar where they did a ‘happy meal’ for I think $2-3. Can of PBR and a shot of JD.

Sometimes - sometimes not.

Their core range is hit and miss but a lot of their other stuff is great.

Haven't found one worth drinking yet. It's the kind of trendy hipster piss that sad cunts buy two at a time, one to taste and one to go in the collection in their bedsit.

I was always better at the start than the finish.

Never got used to doing the keg upside down though - I think US beer is slightly fizzier and used to do funny stuff to my nose.

Which was a shame since the one over British guy could do handstand push-ups whilst chugging.....

My favourite drinking memory was a bar where they did a ‘happy meal’ for I think $2-3. Can of PBR and a shot of JD.
Beer Pong got pretty competitive, at $20 a game it was a way to make some money though.

We did the dirty thirty en mass (Keystone Light) but after the first six your tastebuds just gave up, which made it easier to continue!

Haven't found one worth drinking yet. It's the kind of trendy hipster piss that sad cunts buy two at a time, one to taste and one to go in the collection in their bedsit.
Course it is petal.

Don’t let it upset you though.

Your tastebuds are probably fried from the chillis anyway..........

Budweiser succeeds Carlsberg as official beer of England football team

I’m not a big football fan (because I have a moderately high IQ and I’m straight) so I’d not noticed this before.

Instinctively, I feel there’s something profoundly wrong with Carlsberg or Budweiser having this position.

It says to me that England -if we take a national team as in some way representative - lacks pride, lacks awareness of history, and has an “it’s for sale” mentality.

Just wondering if Germany’s national team would be sponsered by Ginsters, or the French by Tetley (beer or tea) if the price was right.

Am I reading too much in to this?
You are a cunt of the highest order and no one give a fuck what you think.

Overrated IMO. Much better beers available. You're buying a trendy name for way more than it's worth.
I noticed that there are fewer of their 660ml bottles and way more 330ml bottles and cans. Presumably this is how their craft beer punters drink now. Hard to believe the price on small cans of various brands of craft beer and craft lager. The other trick is a growing number of pubs that are really places to meet and eat with a bar in them and stemmed glasses - no pints. A pint isn't a European measure... Pretentious places with a strange notion that their weird tasting beer is somehow special. As you say, a lot of it is about image, marketing and how much the punter is prepared to pay. Lots of ex city types and investment bankers seem to start these craft breweries. Now gin is the next big trend....

Yup, seems to be swinging towards gin. The hipster palaces may have had their day. Overpriced, over hopped beer (hops has nothing to do with whether it's a lager or an ale - it's the method of fermentation) with trendy names sold like hotcakes for a couple of years but I think a lot of folks are now figuring out that the bandwagon is running out of steam.

Most of the craft type breweries and ale houses at home are battling a bit these days and looking at alternative income streams. Gin is one of them with G&T on tap becoming quite popular. Appeals to the distaff side as well as it's a bit sweeter. The love affair with hops is over and many are moving away from the IPA types. Sadly, the trend at the time was to play with various hop styles and many got too clever, effectively putting people off their product. Pretty much everything from some small brewers was an IPA despite the label claiming otherwise.

Hopefully those who produce a quality product will survive the downturn and get back to making decent beer once the field has been cleared of fly by nights.

Doesn't get much cheaper than owning the brewery...
If money matters - then go for it.

If having a couple of pints of nice tasting beer in salubrious surroundings before leaving Brewdog Shoreditch and hitting bars rammed pack full of 18-24 cluunge - maybe a couple of games of ping pong, crazy golf, or darts before heading back to the King’s College London halls to treat someone’s labia like a chew toy is more your thing then I suspect your brewery is not what you are looking for.

Last edited:
Doing just fine at the brewery, thanks for asking. I'll leave the ping pong and such to those who enjoy it. Quiet jar or twelve with the dags catching/playing live jazz works for me.

If having a couple of pints of nice tasting beer in salubrious surroundings before leaving Brewdog Shoreditch and hitting bars rammed pack full of 18-24 cluunge - maybe a couple of games of ping pong, crazy golf, or darts before heading back to the King’s College London halls to treat someone’s labia like a chew toy is more your thing then I suspect your brewery is not what you are looking for.
... but does have considerable appeal, even if requiring some compromise of CAMRA standards.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Would you damn America Walts stop appropriating my culture! Next up your Hipsters are going to think PBR (Pabst Blue Ribbon) is cool. Then you people start playing real football and wearing Wranglers, Carhartt, and ball caps everywhere you go. Then you will start to call yourselves rednecks. The horror, why can’t you just stick to being Brits!
Too late mate- my ex practically lived in her Carrhart's range coat from Sheplers, after we did Mousetown in 2003.
As you will have noticed Carrharts is no longer honest durable workwear but a high fashion statement of some kind. They have a shop in Covent Garden (shudder) .

And my first pair of jeans were Wranglers from Milletts , aged about ten. So, previous century then... :roll: :eatsgun:

Too late mate- my ex practically lived in her Carrhart's range coat from Sheplers, after we did Mousetown in 2003.
As you will have noticed Carrharts is no longer honest durable workwear but a high fashion statement of some kind. They have a shop in Covent Garden (shudder) .

And my first pair of jeans were Wranglers from Milletts , aged about ten. So, previous century then... :roll: :eatsgun:
Uggs were originally for poor people. Now they're over a hundred quid a throw. Same as Doc Martins and those horrendous red Nike trainers costing a weeks wages. Give me a pair of pumps any time.
And on the beer front Doom Bar was a good pint when brewed in Cornwall, but now Northampton got it's mitts on it and buggered it up. :cool: