• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Beer and driving

DieHard

LE
Book Reviewer
I read that 40% off road accidents are caused by drink driving.
Does this mean its safer to drink and drive because 60% off the accidents are caused by sober people?
Or speed kills? I thought it was the twat in the artic who pulled out without looking.

Working on that theory;

If I drive twice as quick as you,
I am on the road for half the time as you,
Therefore you are twice as likely to have a crash than me! :D

CC_TA

Please do not try this argument with the Surrey Police - ended up with a black eye 8) and a sore head! (No points though!)

40% by drunk drivers
60% by men speeding to the pub for a beer :lol: :lol:

Seriously, the 60% is probably made up of junkie yoofs and prats who have never passed a driving test (this being most of the residents in my borough).

Drinking beer and driving isn't very safe. You can't fit a pint glass in your standard 'cup holder' so have to keep it in your hand whilst steering and changing gear, which in anyone's book, isn't safe driving practice.

E

error_unknown

Drink driving should lead to discharge, then again we would run out of officers very quickly...

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
I work here with a Magistrate, and be warned - most of the offences at the regular 'Traffic Court' are people caught with no tax/no licence/no insurance ('the usual trio, he says) by automatic number plate readers. These things are getting more common, and good thing too!

Moral - they are watching you (unless you have a cloned plate, of course)

Latest Threads