Beer and driving

DieHard

LE
Book Reviewer
I read that 40% off road accidents are caused by drink driving.
Does this mean its safer to drink and drive because 60% off the accidents are caused by sober people?
Or speed kills? I thought it was the twat in the artic who pulled out without looking.

Working on that theory;

If I drive twice as quick as you,
I am on the road for half the time as you,
Therefore you are twice as likely to have a crash than me! :D

CC_TA

Please do not try this argument with the Surrey Police - ended up with a black eye 8) and a sore head! (No points though!)

40% by drunk drivers
60% by men speeding to the pub for a beer :lol: :lol:

Seriously, the 60% is probably made up of junkie yoofs and prats who have never passed a driving test (this being most of the residents in my borough).

Drinking beer and driving isn't very safe. You can't fit a pint glass in your standard 'cup holder' so have to keep it in your hand whilst steering and changing gear, which in anyone's book, isn't safe driving practice.

E

error_unknown

Drink driving should lead to discharge, then again we would run out of officers very quickly...

2420_bloodylongtimeago said:
440ml cans fit std cupholders!
Drinking out of cans? How uncouth and a practice that should NEVER be seen from officers driving home from the mess!

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
I work here with a Magistrate, and be warned - most of the offences at the regular 'Traffic Court' are people caught with no tax/no licence/no insurance ('the usual trio, he says) by automatic number plate readers. These things are getting more common, and good thing too!

Moral - they are watching you (unless you have a cloned plate, of course)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Good CO The Intelligence Cell 11
PLOD Aviation 14
Davros_the_Dalek Int Corps 9