Beer after sport is good for the body!

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by oldbaldy, Nov 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2007/11/01/scibeer101.xml

I knew I was doing it right!

2. Beer is great, not only does it taste good, but it is also good for you.

You really can't go wrong!! :D

3. Oh so now i can offset the 4 pints after an hour in the gym then!

4. I worked with a guy who played for Man City in the days when players got the local bus to the gound, and an oppo of his told me that a couple of pints before the match was not uncommon.

5. Is it OK to have a quick sniffter at half time aswell.

6. I used to go circuit training at the local sports centre, afterwards we would go to the bar where the other lads would order soft drinks like squash or a 'henry'. I always went for 2 pints of Guinness and left the establishment in a far better mood than the others. It must be true

7. Damn... didn't read the whole article before covering myself in beer :oops:

8. I remember playing for the local pub team years ago, its a good job that it is now official that beer after a match is good for you cos we used to get sloshed as soon as the final whistle blew.

9. I still do after every Sqn, Unit, Corps, Army etc game.

Avoid the hangover, stay pissed :D :D

10. I am opening my first bottle of wife beater of the evening, safe in the knowledge that after my arduous 1 minute walk home from work, beer is officially good for me!

So cheers fellow arrse folk! Bottoms up and all that!
    :whew:

11. Is the sport bit beforehand absolutely necessary? I mean, are you allowed to cut that bit out or would that defeat the object?

12. Not at all, it could be called Sportwex - Sport Without Exercise :D

13. I concur with my learned friend however i have found that necking 8 pints of
    Guinness prior to CFT is not a very good idea :oops:

14. True,it can add up to thirty seconds to your time, but paradoxically has not effect whatsoever on BFT (PFT) timings, all sub 10:00