Been Really Impressed (Or Not) By Something You Own?

Does anyone have any Arc'yterx experience or feedback? Is it really so good to justify the price?
Nomin Pack
£720 for a commuting daysack? Really?

It seems like they are not so much bordering on the edge of the "I saw you coming" school of kit rip off merchants, as taking a full Bolshoi contingent in tacticool in formation on tour across the line...

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Does anyone have any Arc'yterx experience or feedback? Is it really so good to justify the price?
Nomin Pack

It seems like they are not so much bordering on the edge of the "I saw you coming" school of kit rip off merchants, as taking a full Bolshoi contingent in tacticool in formation on tour across the line...
Seems I got lucky a few years back then. I bought something similar from Arcteryx, cost me £140, does the same job with virtually the same spec. Holds a 15" laptop plus peripherals quite comfortably with room for sarnie box and a book. Still going strong after 5 years too.

Nomin Pack

That kind of price makes the rucksack V&A by itself and a visible target for potential thievery. However, if that is of no concern, this vid may be of interest. The bloke says "Better, not cheaper"

Still not found a norrona recon......

I’ve just sent my ridgeline monsoon elite 11 and Lowa Hunter GTX evo extreme to

Lancashire sports repairs

Getting them to evaluate the possibility of pit zips in the ridgeline which really holds the heat and to fully refurb my lowa (best boots i’ve Ever owned)

They are getting resoled and mid sole replaced

Lowa’s have been thrashed into the ground, four seasons, cold weather projects and daily littoral abuse which shows they have an unnatural ability to withstand saline environments

Communications with LSR so far has been excellent, will report back in a month when it all arrives back (they do two day turn around but i’m Away for a month)
Well paid and got my stuff deliver next day

******* amazing job on the boots. Immaculate. Will keep the lowas going another few years, probably get them soled again

Pit vents in the ridge line are amazing poroper pro job. Look like they came like that from the factory.

HIGHLY RECCOMMENDED

That kind of price makes the rucksack V&A by itself and a visible target for potential thievery. However, if that is of no concern, this vid may be of interest. The bloke says "Better, not cheaper"
I’m a bit emperors new clothes about ultra expensive gear. I dipped my toe into mystery ranch but it was over engineered and therefore heavy and stiff and just didn’t have enough quality to justify the price.

Good stuff but price diff is too much

In other news i’m test running the karrimorsf clam shell experiment that is the Thor 40 at the minute.

Bought a really decent head torch a couple of years ago, Aennon is the brand, recharchable and supposedly waterproof. I’ve worn it in the rain whilst cycling (I think it would fail a full prolonged immersion test but why would you?) also used it outdoors on training weekends, four light settings, very bright white, white, flashing white and red.
I’ve owned several head torches over the years and this has been the best all round for price and performance. Currently £21.97 online.

Latest Threads