been issued 2 sets

One for TA days and another pair for your day job.

alreet lads, i have been issued 2 sets of boots, is the idea to have a shiney pair and one pair polished fr the field?????
Stand by, Stand by.

Edited to add, Ninja'd.

Keep them both shiny. You'll have read through other threads on here that the soles crumble after a given period. That period may come when you really need a pair of shiny boots, so you'll have the other pair that you can just slip on.

Of course, given that you're issued with the boots at the same time, you'll slip on the second pair and find that their soles have also crumbled.

Both pairs for the field, no need for shiney shiney boots as we have no parade dress.

Wear them alternate weeks so that both pairs are broken in.

Both pairs for the field, no need for shiney shiney boots as we have no parade dress.
If you ******* dare to turn up for Remembrance Day parade with field-polished boots...

No.8 is Parade Dress (V). It only becomes Field Dress when you incorporate the Jacket, Field and remove all the carefully starched creases.

Have you lot not been issued with FAD then? Maybe it's just the joys of being in London....

If you ******* dare to turn up for Remembrance Day parade with field-polished boots...

No.8 is Parade Dress (V). It only becomes Field Dress when you incorporate the Jacket, Field and remove all the carefully starched creases.
You are of course assuming that each TA solider has 2 Jackets, one with a hood the other possessing a Flattened collar.

You are of course assuming that each TA solider has 2 Jackets, one with a hood the other possessing a Flattened collar.
Why would I assume that? Whichever one is issued is the correct one. Technically, I could parade in the jacket I was issued in 1981 as only one of the two then issued had to be exchanged for the CS95 Field Jacket.

But I'm saving that one for best.

Wear them alternate weeks so that both pairs are broken in.
So based on 'average' attendance that should take about 8 years and 5 months then.