Been invited for an introduction at the 6 Rifles at Bristol.

So yeah it's something iv been contemplating for abour a year or so now. Iv sent of my application form just gotta send off a few more bits. The Sgt major rang me up and asked me to come in On the 1st may, I'm really looking forward to it. But any advice would be great. Like how do I address said person/people. What sort of thing should I wear. Smart for a meeting or will I be unsuspectingly get chucking into some training/drill. Iv already for a few questions for the day and I'm ready to get stuck in. Cheers guys

Smart Casual e.g Clean jeans (no fecking splits or gay cuts in them) and Polo shirt .....OR JUST FECKING ASK THEM!

*Google will have all the ranks and how they should be addressed.

Do not forget the Lube or Badger juice innum

6 RIFLES

The_Duke

LE
Just turn up. They won’t care if you have dressed up in your Sunday best or straight from work scraping the bottom of a sewage tank - if you have a limb at each corner, can breathe without external support and are under the age of 60 they will welcome you to start the joining process.

Ok thanks guys. Well I'm a self employed plasterer/external renderer 26 years old. And definitely do not own a pair of batty ripped jeans so got no worries there . Just didn't k ow how formal or informal it was gonna be. So yeah will either be covered in shit in my work gear or a little bit more presentable if I manage to get home in time to change.

Ok thanks guys. Well I'm a self employed plasterer/external renderer 26 years old. And definitely do not own a pair of batty ripped jeans so got no worries there . Just didn't k ow how formal or informal it was gonna be. So yeah will either be covered in shit in my work gear or a little bit more presentable if I manage to get home in time to change.

Hmm? in your case, and if you can't get home, a clean decent , non full of holes, black/dark or Rifle Green ( Dark green) trackie top and bottoms with not falling to bits trainers will do rather than looking like a dusty plasterer who has more gear on him then the fecking wall/Ceiling.

Do not wear anything bright or lairy that will draw attention to yourself .... or anything Maroon colour ;-)

In saying that, they want you to relax and have fun - and join up, so it'll be/should be, an enjoyable and interesting evening

I'm sure I will be able to get home and get on some sensible gear. Just wanted to make sure I can make the best first impression I can... Is there any strict or more preferable hair cuts. As at this current moment i have hair like ******* Tarzan sorta got the impression if I don't cut it they will when I'm in for training from what iv read on the internet? Cheers

they wont cut your hair as part of being a Reservist is having the self discipline and self awareness to know what's expected.

Turn up how the feck you like re your hair but when you start training you will be expected to have it within the required standards - just have a look at the trained or in training Reservist around you Trigg.

Last edited:

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
...and FWIW @Darkce91 - good luck with your application...and welcome to Arrse :thumright:

OP Don’t worry about what to call people, you’ll be told the correct form of address in due time. Maybe avoid calling people “mate” though :) If you need PT kit you’ll be told to bring it, otherwise don’t worry too much, obviously not scruffy / dirty.
Good luck and good choice.

What I did, when I didn't understand ranks and stripes and pips 'n' things was just to call everyone 'Sir'.

Not the females though.