Beecroft report on employment law published

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Pyianno, May 21, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.bis.gov.uk/assets/biscore/employment-matters/docs/r/12-825-report-on-employment-law-beecroft.pdf

A pretty flimsy document.

Apparently employers are incapable of judging during a period of 2 years whether an employee can do his/her job or not. They need an indefinite period of no-fault dismissal.

The problem with loons like Beecroft is they place absolute trust in the idea that employers will only dismiss employees for reasons of competence, which cuts against the grain of decades worth of case law.

For once Vince Cable has made himself useful and shot most of the recommendations down.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I've always wondered how making people too scared of arbitrary unemployment to spend anything they don't absolutely have to will help the economy.

Anyone who thinks employers will be reluctant to use this instead of redundancy procedures plainly left their hallucinogen-intolerance in the 60s.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Well, the plot thickens:

Controversial Beecroft report on employment reform 'doctored' by No 10 - Telegraph

Hmm...

4. All that talk of a return to 'traditional British values' wasn't just hot air, then?

If it's been sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk then I'm probably pissed.

5. Maybe that's what they had in mind when they used the phrase - children back in factories.