Bedworth Remembrance Parade

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by BiscuitsAB, Nov 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Bedworth is a strange little town to say the least, however it has one massive saving grace it parades for Remembrance on the 11th of the 11th always has and long may it continue.

We all remember the Lovely Uber walt from last year so it obviously attracts its fair share of attention. I have the honour this morning of watching my Son and the rest of his cadet unit Parade.

So if any of you are there give me a shout. I'll be easy to find I'll be wearing my rack.... VC & Bar, MC, DSO. DFC Normandy Medal, Africa Star etc etc, Waterloo medal and one that Tropper had minted for the battle of Corinth :)))))))) Hey theres a tradition to be upheld you know.

Actually the only thing I'll be carrying is me ARRSE challenge coin, apparently my Non Deployment Medal is in the post!
  2. I'll see you there AB. I'll be the one wearing a red poppy.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Beduth, be a strange place!
  4. I avoid Bed'orth at all costs....Nuneaton is QUITE horror enough for me!
  5. The town certainly puts on a good do.
    I remember standing on the saluting dais at the Bedworth parade a few years ago, because the CO couldn't attend and I got "stiffed" to represent the Regt (30SR). A good apres parade bash in the local Legion as I recall. Are there still shed loads of Polish veterans parading? I remember one guy who was massive, squeezed into what looked like a cast off British No 2 dress, marching past. Funny as fcuk, I made my lips bleed trying not to laugh!
  6. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Excellent turn out, the Lads from 30 looked good, but were out done by the Gurkhas who were fucking immaculate. There were some very tight uniforms but they were mostly cadets instructors!
    • Like Like x 1