Beds on Sunday

#1
seriousaboutnews.co.uk said:
Terror-texts

Intelligence workers at the Chicksands spy base are doing their bit in the War Against Terror by texting the Taliban.

According to a national newspaper the Army is finding out enemies’ mobile phone numbers then bombarding them with text messages such as ‘Go home, u’l nvr win’.

The texts are used both to damage morale and sometimes to spread incorrect information – and they seem to be working with attacks on Marines in the military hot zone of Helmand Province decreasing.

The operation is carried out by members of the Psychological Operations Group based at the Intelligence Corps HQ at Chicksands.

The MoD declined to comment on the grounds that these were intelligence matters.

17 December 2006
Link
I'm spchlss :!:

how about "wnt 2 wrk 4 a lrg + pfl org?"

If these txts are being paid for out of the Land TLB, I can see why they have had to shut all the accommodation down over christmas. Still, a lot cheaper than a JDAM that flies down your phone.
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#2
"Go home, you'll never win"? I'll bet that has them dumping their AKs in droves.
 
#3
This is only the first wave of the offensive, after Christmas they are unleashing the full wrath of

your mommas so....that....

texts :roll:
 
#7
Biscuits_AB said:
"Go home, you'll never win"? I'll bet that has them dumping their AKs in droves.
Go home? They fcuking live in Bedford!!!!
 
#8
subbsonic said:
seriousaboutnews.co.uk said:
Terror-texts

Intelligence workers at the Chicksands spy base are doing their bit in the War Against Terror by texting the Taliban.

According to a national newspaper the Army is finding out enemies’ mobile phone numbers then bombarding them with text messages such as ‘Go home, u’l nvr win’.

The texts are used both to damage morale and sometimes to spread incorrect information – and they seem to be working with attacks on Marines in the military hot zone of Helmand Province decreasing.

The operation is carried out by members of the Psychological Operations Group based at the Intelligence Corps HQ at Chicksands.

The MoD declined to comment on the grounds that these were intelligence matters.

17 December 2006
Link
I'm spchlss :!:

how about "wnt 2 wrk 4 a lrg + pfl org?"

If these txts are being paid for out of the Land TLB, I can see why they have had to shut all the accommodation down over christmas. Still, a lot cheaper than a JDAM that flies down your phone.
What I don't get is why you'd quote it as "u'l nvr win", when Arabic and Pashto are both written without short vowels anyway. So when you text in Arabic anyway, or indeed any language with an Arabic based script, it's nigh on impossible to shorten the words unless there's a common abbreviation. Moreover, this phrase in both Arabic and Pashto comes out a darn side longer than "u'l nvr win" and there's no real way of shortening it, not if you want to keep the same register of language.

Nerd mode off!

Journo scum, catering for the great unwashed and uneducated scum of this green and pleasant land since......well, ever.
 
#10
#11
MrsRaven said:
Its got to be pants - you can never get a mobile 'phone signal at Chix.
It's the ducks I tell you! I blame everything on those little fcukers! :D
 
#12
The ducks work for Orange.. no problems at all! 3G and everyfink! Just, please don't stamp on the ducks.

Unfortunatley no avian species are employed by Vodafone and as such the signal for them is balls.
 
#13
Davros_the_Dalek said:
The ducks work for Orange.. no problems at all! 3G and everyfink! Just, please don't stamp on the ducks.

Unfortunatley no avian species are employed by Vodafone and as such the signal for them is balls.
I think some of them moonlight for O2 as well.
 
#14
"Hello, and welcome to Taliban Telecom. To enable us to process your call please choose one of the following options:

To Report a stolen or faulty 50 Calibre Machine Gun Press 1
To change your ambush frequency Press 2
To access the mobile phone records of people you cannot clearly identify and text them from rural England Press 3"

Tinfioil hats available from reception desk.
 
#15
DigitalGeek said:
"Hello, and welcome to Taliban Telecom. To enable us to process your call please choose one of the following options:

To Report a stolen or faulty 50 Calibre Machine Gun Press 1
To change your ambush frequency Press 2
To access the mobile phone records of people you cannot clearly identify and text them from rural England Press 3"

Tinfioil hats available from reception desk.
"Hello Axis of Evil? ...No there's no-one in at the moment... Oh I don't know, out doing evil I suppose! I'll just put you on hold."

Doo dee doo doo...

"Have you considered the Axis of Evil pension scheme?"
 
#16
g2_loony_bin said:
DigitalGeek said:
"Hello, and welcome to Taliban Telecom. To enable us to process your call please choose one of the following options:

To Report a stolen or faulty 50 Calibre Machine Gun Press 1
To change your ambush frequency Press 2
To access the mobile phone records of people you cannot clearly identify and text them from rural England Press 3"

Tinfioil hats available from reception desk.
"Hello Axis of Evil? ...No there's no-one in at the moment... Oh I don't know, out doing evil I suppose! I'll just put you on hold."

Doo dee doo doo...

"Have you considered the Axis of Evil pension scheme?"
Appearing tonight at the Theatre Royal Mumbai..........Do you want me to reserve you some tickets?? No? I have a nice property in Halifax if you are interested............Your call is very, very important to us here at the Taliban Training Team etc etc....
 
#17
the_matelot said:
Davros_the_Dalek said:
The ducks work for Orange.. no problems at all! 3G and everyfink! Just, please don't stamp on the ducks.

Unfortunatley no avian species are employed by Vodafone and as such the signal for them is balls.
I think some of them moonlight for O2 as well.
Mmm - but Matelot your Avatar is a squirrel so its clear whose employ you are in. The little gits just chew through everything. Personally I think the ducks are working for a FIS - I never talk to them... just the jackdaws...
 
#18
Next_to_the_Tank said:
Mmm - but Matelot your Avatar is a squirrel so its clear whose employ you are in. The little gits just chew through everything. Personally I think the ducks are working for a FIS - I never talk to them... just the jackdaws...
Ah but is it??? :wink:
 
#19
Remeber the ducks know all! Be at one with the ducks and be at one with the camp! Never really got much converstation out of the Jackdaws... I tend to leave them and their 'ca-caw!!' well alone... 8O If anyone is working for a FIS, it's them! :x

That aside, I hope you all pay compliments to the Magpies!? A plague be on both your houses if you forget that one! :evil:
 
#20
Davros_the_Dalek said:
Remeber the ducks know all! Be at one with the ducks and be at one with the camp! Never really got much converstation out of the Jackdaws... I tend to leave them and their 'ca-caw!!' well alone... 8O If anyone is working for a FIS, it's them! :x

That aside, I hope you all pay compliments to the Magpies!? A plague be on both your houses if you forget that one! :evil:
Is it magpies that you're supposed to salute if you're a superstious freak?
 

Similar threads


Latest Threads

Top