• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Bedford TM 8T CALM 43KB22

Hi,

Last year I purchased a Bedford TM 8T CALM to restore..and to relive my youth!!...Im exRCT/RLC. It served with 4BN REME and was CAST in Oct 2007 after 25 years service!! The restoration is finished now and the truck is like new. During the restoration I came across some squaddie graffiti inside the fuse and buzzer panel. Its typical humour and would love to find out who the guys are...heres what was written: "Bren 4 BN sh*t" and the best one "Macca bums dogs!"

The military registration was 43KB22 and its last UIN is A4544A. Id really like to know what that unit is and anymore history on the truck.

Many thanks in advance.

Andy.

Attachments

Hi,

Last year I purchased a Bedford TM 8T CALM to restore..and to relive my youth!!...Im exRCT/RLC. It served with 4BN REME and was CAST in Oct 2007 after 25 years service!! The restoration is finished now and the truck is like new. During the restoration I came across some squaddie graffiti inside the fuse and buzzer panel. Its typical humour and would love to find out who the guys are...heres what was written: "Bren 4 BN sh*t" and the best one "Macca bums dogs!"

The military registration was 43KB22 and its last UIN is A4544A. Id really like to know what that unit is and anymore history on the truck.

Many thanks in advance.

Andy.
They were members of 4 Bn. One was called Macca and he liked to bum dogs.

How are you meant to get in the bloody cab? Are you spiderman?
Have you actually been in the Army, you ******* pleb.

Makka, is short for MakkaPakka....he's an arrser. He was ******* Dale for quite some time (hence Makka fucks dogs)

I believe he's seen the light and binned her though.............

Hi,

Many thanks in advance.

Andy.
Good paint job, think some of the old and bold PRE Inspectors would of took it off the road for the hub bolts being painted green(they love their red paint) though and it looks as though the resprayer got a bit keep on the crane hydraulic hoses. If I was you I would get yourself a bigger drip tray though and just wonder if your time in the RCT enabled you to get those ratchet straps and jerrycans as didnt think you got them as part of an auction vehicle. Good work though and is a solid reliable bit of kit if used reguarly and correctly.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Andy,
You have to pay to get the records and when you've paid they may be incomplete. I think it costs about £50. I decided not to bother.

Some funny as f*ck replies..some good info as well, thanks..all appreciated! The drip tray some was the Plymouth Councils rules as the pics were taken on Plymouth Hoe for Armed Forces Day 25th June 11. I only managed to finish the truck the day before..6 months of hard graft! There was only one small leak on the engine and that was coming from the oil pressure switch which Ive since replaced. Its only done about 40k km's and went through ABRO for complete overhaul between 1998 and 2001.

Ive recreated it to represent a vehicle that i used to drive in my old unit 7 Sqn RCT 27 Regt.

Theres a knack to getting in and once you know you never forget..I sprang up into the cab like i was 18 again when i went to view it..im nearly 40 now!!

Be good to hear from Macca and Bren so we can get an explaination as to the beastality claim!! Theres some more scribblings but too hard to read.

Just noticed the CAST paperwork is signed by Sgt Hughes.

Are you ex 'SHINEY SEVEN' Sqn RCT/RLC ?

The TM looks a lot smarter than the 'new' ones that were parked up at 27 LSG REGT RCT in 1982.
Yes mate..91 to 94. They looked even worse by then..especially when when they came back from the gulf!

Im guessing my TM was out there and also did a UN tour sometime in its life..I came across the paint when stripping all the many layers off. and there were lots of layers!!

Latest Threads