For Inspection Bedford 15cwt MW in 1/35 scale by Lead Sled models.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Many of you know that my main interest in models is the vast array of WW2 British Military Trucks. After a recent foray into the mysteries of large scale figures, and completely making a hash of it; I decided to have a go at one of the Lead Sled models I have in my stash. I decided to go for the Bedford MW as it was the equivalent of the modern-day three-quarter ton Land Rover! apart

The kit is presented in a rather smart, stiff card box with a photo of the assembled model on the front. The picture is a coloured photo of fairly poor quality and only gives a brief clue as to assembly. The kit instructions are also pretty basic, being a photo-copied sheet containing parts list on one side; 22 resin parts, 40 white metal pieces and a piece of clear film for the windscreen; the other side of the sheet contain the assembly in list format with three hand-drawn diagrams.

As with all resin and white metal kits, it is recommended that you wash all the parts in soapy water prior to building. Once this is done, a decent quality superglue is ideal for the assembly. I would recommend test fitting all parts prior to glueing, as once glued, you'll struggle to get them apart. While some of the pieces are self-explanatory, it is useful to have a reference source to check where certain parts fit. All parts need sanding prior to final fitting and some of the resin pieces are quite fragile so a little care is needed. The white metal wheels are not a very good fit, the pre-installed mounting holes are off centre! I binned them and located some others from the spares box

I decided to finish my MW in desert colours, choosing a Royal Signals (What else?) GS truck attached to the 78 Infantry Division (the Battleaxes) during its service in Tunisia 1942-43.

This was a nice little model to build and is now in the process of being weathered. Whinges? Well the wheels and the instructions have already been covered. No decals and no driver figure! At around £60.00 for a small model, I expect a lot more for my money!

Marks out of 5 - 2 Not much truck for a helluva lotta buck
s.View attachment 463081
IMG_20200405_212957.jpg

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
More pics of the MW...
IMG_20200405_213010.jpg

IMG_20200405_212754.jpg

Attachments

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The MW is now complete, so here are the final few pictures.....
IMG_20200406_195150.jpg

IMG_20200406_195122.jpg
IMG_20200406_195106.jpg
IMG_20200406_195047.jpg