Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Becoming Army Officer after Uni

It does, but the units providing really interesting opportunities are based in a handful of very specific locations (mostly London) and many require fairly advanced civilian skills as well.

The reserves may help scratch an itch but I think it's a stretch to describe it as the best of both worlds, especially as reservists miss out on the joys of the junior officer mess lifestyle.

Agreed, the advanced civilian skills is a big one. 170 Engineers can get deployed all over the place almost whenever they want, but that's because they are professionally qualified engineers the Army can do a lot with in a lot of places.

It does, but the units providing really interesting opportunities are based in a handful of very specific locations (mostly London) and many require fairly advanced civilian skills as well.

The reserves may help scratch an itch but I think it's a stretch to describe it as the best of both worlds, especially as reservists miss out on the joys of the junior officer mess lifestyle.

Can you please name some of these interesting or good units? Would 3MI and 71 Signals be included in your list? Someone already mentioned the engineers.

Can you please name some of these interesting or good units? Would 3MI and 71 Signals be included in your list? Someone already mentioned the engineers.
MI, any.

71 Signals, is that the yeomanry one in London? A lot of ceremonial opportunities!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

You will not be working 8-5 at RMAS. First weekend off is at the 5 week mark. If you have a needy bird and you're massively fond of her, RMAS probably isn't for you. If you're not that fond of her, sack her off and focus on your career. There will always be other women...or men... or genderfluid identifying as a lightsaber or whatever the new fad is.