Becoming an officer

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by Ariva1991, Mar 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello i'm new here and i don't know if this is in the right section.

Anyway im 19 just out of college . i have 5 highers and 1 adv higher totalling 290 ucas points. my fitness is lacking a tiny bit . i can manage 49 pressups and 62 sit ups but as for pull ups im 6 ft 5 and about 100kg so i struggle with these. my mile and a half is currently sitting at 10.20 and im looking to go to sandhurst in the may instake if possible but i am at a loss as to what to do.

Could any of you please give me advice on this matter as i have been told it can take a long time and that i should ideally have a degree before going.

all replies appreciated, Thank you

2. Go to the careers office and have a chat with them there.

From your post you seem a bit unfocussed and I'm sure they will be able to help.

May 2010 is probably not an option.

Good luck

3. Hi,
    Post on or read this forum:http:
    //www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewforum/f=135.html

You will get all the info you need, as for making the may intake...well there are a few steps you will need to undertake.
    The first one being a trip to your local Army careers office. Where you will be guided and advised on what to do and where to go next.

Good luck.

PS: it can be a long process at the best of times....

4. and dont worry too much about the degree.
    Some of the best inf officers I have worked for have been non-grads.
    OTOH some of the biggest throbbers I have seen have been chinless wonders from the so-called upper classses who have no concept of 'real life'

Just my 2p

5. Ariva - check your pms. Also look under the Officer forum where there's mountains of stuff on becoming an officer under Regular Officer Recruiting.