Becoming an officer

Hello i'm new here and i don't know if this is in the right section.

Anyway im 19 just out of college . i have 5 highers and 1 adv higher totalling 290 ucas points. my fitness is lacking a tiny bit . i can manage 49 pressups and 62 sit ups but as for pull ups im 6 ft 5 and about 100kg so i struggle with these. my mile and a half is currently sitting at 10.20 and im looking to go to sandhurst in the may instake if possible but i am at a loss as to what to do.

Could any of you please give me advice on this matter as i have been told it can take a long time and that i should ideally have a degree before going.

all replies appreciated, Thank you
Go to the careers office and have a chat with them there.

From your post you seem a bit unfocussed and I'm sure they will be able to help.

May 2010 is probably not an option.

Good luck
Post on or read this forum:http:

You will get all the info you need, as for making the may intake...well there are a few steps you will need to undertake.
The first one being a trip to your local Army careers office. Where you will be guided and advised on what to do and where to go next.

Good luck.

PS: it can be a long process at the best of times....
and dont worry too much about the degree.
Some of the best inf officers I have worked for have been non-grads.
OTOH some of the biggest throbbers I have seen have been chinless wonders from the so-called upper classses who have no concept of 'real life'

Just my 2p
Ariva - check your pms. Also look under the Officer forum where there's mountains of stuff on becoming an officer under Regular Officer Recruiting.