Becoming a PTI

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by SCW25, Jan 10, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How do you go about becoming a PTI? I've got my selection on the 15th and 16th of Jan but I don't know if you can have PTI as a job choice.

Other than that, opening line pretty much sums it up.

Thanks in advance.
  2. All units have PTI's, get in first then put your hand up.
  3. Short and sweet. Cheers pal.
  4. It will probably help if you turn up for your selection in a tight white vest and blue top. Oh and don't forget to bring your own whistle if you have one.

If you don't have the right vest you can buy one here for a mere £4 Shirts - The Outdoors - UK Army Surplus Shop -
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Accept vests are stated as unacceptable for ADSC, or so it says on the docs I recieved. Cheers.
  6. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Quite right, too. You can ignore Ethel, that Rasputin has got to her.

It normally takes several years to get a job in the gym and several more after that before you can think of applying to transfer to the RAPTC, unless you're already on your way to Army standard in any particular sport. However, I'm a fair bit out of date.
  7. Thanks. I hope to become Army standard in Sport. I've played a high level of football so hopefully cpuldhelp go down that route. Thanks anyway!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using ARRSE mobile app
  8. Learn to hold your breath, squaddies have been known to drown PTI's by placing a mirror at the bottom of the swimming pool.
    • Like Like x 7
  9. You can also lure them into a trap using hair gel and other "metrosexual" grooming products as bait.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  10. Unless you've already had one you'll need a lobotomy to qualify.
  11. To my knowledge, the RAF is the only service which recruits PTI's directly into the ranks. Armywise, there's a series of lead in courses and as you mature and develope you may be selected for RAPTC which in my time was a 6 months course. On completion of this phase you were awarded Sgt. rank.