Becomin A Aac Helo Pilot

Lookin at transferrin to the aaC as a helo pilot hopefully onto apaches. what are the requirements for inservice transfers, etc, how do i apply etc?

I would have thought someone with the aptitude to fly Apaches would have the aptitude to know where to find this out rather than ask strangers on ARRSE :?

Wah?

I would like someone to tell me about

The training
Selection
What the requiments are
How to apply
the experiences of those whove done the trg, etc

As I said mon ami this ain't no wah. I'm thinking about a change. Has anyone done the course, selection, etc?
If you can't figure out the details, like I said, you don't have what it takes.

Quickest way is to get yourself on an exchange with the US Army and from there into the Warrant Officers intake. (It's different to the British Army, they take on Warrant Officers straight from civvy street instead of having to go through the ranks). Within 6 months, you'll be flying Apache. Another 6 months and you'll be commissioned as a Chief Warrant 2. Come back to UK and you'll be straight into the Officers' Mess.

Lookin at transferrin to the aaC as a helo pilot hopefully onto apaches. what are the requirements for inservice transfers, etc, how do i apply etc?

A seriously poor wah attempt. Stay YORKS and you might reach the dizzy heights of CQMS's dog or MT details JNCO.

A seriously poor wah attempt. Stay YORKS and you might reach the dizzy heights of CQMS's dog or MT details JNCO.
This isn't a wah mon brave. I love the inf with all my hart and soul but i have thought about something different. what I'm after is some gen on trg, etc

Yeah it was a wah, and a pretty shit one too.

Just in case you are actually being serious and this is not a WIND UP (Note not Wah)

AGAI 43 Part 4 – The selection and training of Army pilots will answer all your questions, however, the main points:

You normally have to be under 30
Hold the minimum rank of LCpl and be qualified and recommended for Cpl before commencement of Trg
Agree to extended to have a minimum of 6 years residual service on completion of the course
Are not in a ‘protected’ or ‘deficiency’ employment

Oh and although not critical it helps if you can articulate like an adult ^_~

Just in case you are actually being serious and this is not a WIND UP (Note not Wah)

AGAI 43 Part 4 – The selection and training of Army pilots will answer all your questions, however, the main points:

You normally have to be under 30
Hold the minimum rank of LCpl and be qualified and recommended for Cpl before commencement of Trg
Agree to extended to have a minimum of 6 years residual service on completion of the course
Are not in a ‘protected’ or ‘deficiency’ employment

Oh and although not critical it helps if you can articulate like an adult ^_~
Thanks mon brave. I am not winding people up.

Has anyone done it here? If so what are you're oinions and thoughts on thecourse, selection etc?

Still think this is a Wah, however I've done the pilots course but it was in 1988 so things have moved on.

Opinions on the course? From those who have done it more recently its about 2 yrs start to finish during which time you will be assessed Medically, and Academically before being called forward for apptitude testing.

(You will also attend an interview where you will be asked about your reasons for wanting to become an AAC Pilot).

Should you pass the tests you will be called forward for grading where you will fly about 12 hrs with an instructor who will teach you various flying techniques and assess your ability to retain knowledge and skills taught.

Should you pass that you will then carry out Basic Fixed wing training at Barkston heath (I think) which is about 50 hrs, After this you go to Shawbury for Basic Rotary training and then eventually to Middle Wallop for Type conversion. Lynx, Apache,Gazelle.

Basically if you can imagine doing your driving test 2-3 times a day, then throw in Ground school with constant tests both written and verbal, then you'll understand the pressure. You can fail a trip but more than one and you're probably going to struggle.

One of my family has recent experience of this; another is a QFI(H).

Having met the military, educational & medical initial criteria, students undertake grading to assess suitability to learn to fly. After passing that it's off to Cranwell for ab initio flying training on the Tutor. After successfully passing all aspects of that, students go to Shawbury for rotary training. All of that takes around two years, after which students get their wings. Only then do those selected go on to operational conversion to Apache.