Becomin A Aac Helo Pilot

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by weluvedaraf, Oct 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Lookin at transferrin to the aaC as a helo pilot hopefully onto apaches. what are the requirements for inservice transfers, etc, how do i apply etc?
  2. A grasp of the English language etc.
  3. I would have thought someone with the aptitude to fly Apaches would have the aptitude to know where to find this out rather than ask strangers on ARRSE :?

4. No its not a wah mon brave. I'm really interested in becomin a pilot with the aac flying apaches.
  5. Me too. Where do we sign up?
  6. I would like someone to tell me about

The training
    What the requiments are
    How to apply
    the experiences of those whove done the trg, etc
  7. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Don't worry, you don't have what it takes, wah!
  8. As I said mon ami this ain't no wah. I'm thinking about a change. Has anyone done the course, selection, etc?
  9. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

If you can't figure out the details, like I said, you don't have what it takes.
  10. Quickest way is to get yourself on an exchange with the US Army and from there into the Warrant Officers intake. (It's different to the British Army, they take on Warrant Officers straight from civvy street instead of having to go through the ranks). Within 6 months, you'll be flying Apache. Another 6 months and you'll be commissioned as a Chief Warrant 2. Come back to UK and you'll be straight into the Officers' Mess.

11. A seriously poor wah attempt. Stay YORKS and you might reach the dizzy heights of CQMS's dog or MT details JNCO.
  12. This isn't a wah mon brave. I love the inf with all my hart and soul but i have thought about something different. what I'm after is some gen on trg, etc
  13. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Yeah it was a wah, and a pretty shit one too.
  14. It's not a wah mon ami