Becky Adlington

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by the_guru, Aug 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What a girl.

Shattered a World Record that has stood since she was a couple of months old.

She won by 6 seconds and surely, if Kelly Holmes got gonged for running, then surely Becky is bound to get one too?

And, to cap it all, she is from my hometown, Mansfield.

Good effort girl.
  2. Gonged, mmm new experession on me

Did you hear the interview post medal ceremopny GB swimmer'Queen, two gold medals, that's worth something!'
  3. Yep, well done Becky.

I live in Mansfield and without a doubt she is the best thing to come out of the place, possibly ever.
  4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

What it really means for Mansfield is that the town can stopped being ashamed for producing you and start being proud of big-nose.

Great gold medal win BTW and going by the standard of honours dished out these days, is well deserved of one.
  5. Her and the A617 trunkroad South! :wink:

Fair dos though, two Golds at 19 and a WR to boot! Well done that girl.
  6. Oh I don't know mate, I'm quite fond of Chesterfield Road North
  7. It is good, because it leads to Langwith.

AY, you are a sorry and sad cnut. Just because Andy Murray is sh1t.
  8. she had an unfair advantage, have you seen the beak on her. 8O :wink: 8O :wink:

well done lass & agree if that dyke can get a "gong" for double gold then she deserves it also.
  9. She's a great young athlete and to really top it off she has a delightful attitude. Entire country should be proud of her too not just Mansfieldonians! She's a breath of fresh air.

WTF is Mansfield anyway? North of Geordieland?
  10. A Damehood at the tender age of 19? Can't see how they could refuse her after Kelly Holmes although it'd be a travesty if all she gets is a measly MBE.