Beckham Resigns - About bloody time too!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Infiltrator, Jul 2, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it just me that thinks that Beckham has done the right thing? We have never won anything under his captainage, and it's only right an proper that he gives way to someone that can do the job properly. A good fooballer, yes. A good captain, no! Who next, Gerrard?

2. england as a team are carrying beckham & have been for some time now. when they brought lennon on they looked a completely different team. resign the captaincy he should retire from fitba full stop.

by the way i am a scot BUT a fitba fan at the end of the day

3. Who wrote the resignation for him?

4. Couldn't tell.

Somebody called for a volunteer.

And got swept aside in the rush.

5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Theo Walcott is the obvious choice.

6. he has to do his 11+ yet...........................

7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

He only gets the job if he fails then :? :wink:

8. then it's a done deal THEY fail at everything else BUT it will be someone elses fault though :!: :!: :!: :!:

9. wonder if crayola sponsored him to write his resignation :)

seems to get sponsorhip for anything else

[​IMG]

10. About time he steped down, he would have been sacked other wise! He earned millions, lives a lavish lifestyle, speaks incoherently like a 10 year old and in his 6 years as Captain has won bugger all that counted... eg a World Cup etc! I hope he is not selected and get the message to give up on foot ball and go in to being a full time celeb and leaving space for some new and hopefully talented played to emerge who can win a world cup

11. So do I, couldn't be anybody else. Mind you, Frank Lampard or Stevie G would also be a good idea.

12. Brooklyn showed him what to write and Beckham traced over it!!! :D

13. So, nobody else's heart strings were pulled at him trying to hold back the tears whilst reading it out?!! :D

14. Stevie G has to be the next England Captain. His leadership is phenomenal with Liverpool and as the England Captain he would have more of a free reign and be able to exploit the areas of the field that suit his game and ability, rather than being stifled as it appears he has been at this world cup.

15. Lampard? You been taking acid or summat? Terry yes, Gerrard yes, even Neville probably, but Lampard? Not on your nelly.