Beckham joins LA Galaxy

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Ventress, Jan 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

2. Next stop Hollywood then
  3. Goes to show he's given up on England then!! if he reall wanted to get back in the fold he would have come back to Blighty and faught for a place. he wouldn't have got one mind cos he is shite
  4. I think it's a bit early for him to go sateside, he's still got something to offer a mid-top/pushing for a champions league place team.

But who wants the baggage that is brand Beckham, I see Stuart Pearce is getting a bit above himself saying he'd take him!

I've just spoted this though Tom and Katie we're coming to stay
  5. Think Posh may have a major influence on this move?
    It'll give him 5 years to groom himself for the silver screen.
    They'll have to work on his stupid high pitched voice though....and I can't see him as an all action hero !!
  6. Seems like the best thing for him, really.

His star capital is close to done here...he's still more or less a figment in the American imagination...and Hollywood loves a pretty Englishman.

Given all the money he's pushed toward the youth soccer academy in L.A., we should have seen it coming! No trouble getting his work visa, then. :D
  7. I think its a very bad move, he's just p*ssed away the few remaining good years of his career.

Bet Posh pushed him into it, wanting the Beverly Hills lifestyle and all that.

He'll drop off the radar soon, unless you watch Channel 5 at 5am!

I think he'll come to regret it later in life, he might as well have announced his retirement.

Sad to see him leave Europe though, he was a faithful servant for United.
  8. Lets face it the man has enough out there.

He has his football acadamy and although he is a bit simple he knows how to make money and his missus will keep his image marketed until he is well past 90.

He will also get what he really wants- first team football week in week out.
  9. Yes with such illustrious teammates as Landon Donovan and Cobi Jones....
  10. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Who wouldn't go for that kind of silly money?
  11. not financially motivated at all. maybe he can break into the first team out there :)
  12. Please explain how being the richest footballer ever, going to play in an almost permanently good climate for the next five years, surrounded by film stars is going to be regrettable?
    If he hadn't been dropped from the national side he may never have gone. (He wasn't fit any more I will admit)
    I can just see his family in twenty years saying "Dad what were you thinking? We could still be back in England, you blew our possible chance of a cushy eternity back in blighty, getting slagged off by all of those football experts."