Beckham joins LA Galaxy

Goes to show he's given up on England then!! if he reall wanted to get back in the fold he would have come back to Blighty and faught for a place. he wouldn't have got one mind cos he is shite

I think it's a bit early for him to go sateside, he's still got something to offer a mid-top/pushing for a champions league place team.

But who wants the baggage that is brand Beckham, I see Stuart Pearce is getting a bit above himself saying he'd take him!

I've just spoted this though Tom and Katie we're coming to stay

Think Posh may have a major influence on this move?
It'll give him 5 years to groom himself for the silver screen.
They'll have to work on his stupid high pitched voice though....and I can't see him as an all action hero !!

TheBigUn said:
£128,000,000 deal for moving to LA. Not bad work if you can get it eh? :D

Edited to add link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/6248835.stm
Seems like the best thing for him, really.

His star capital is close to done here...he's still more or less a figment in the American imagination...and Hollywood loves a pretty Englishman.

Given all the money he's pushed toward the youth soccer academy in L.A., we should have seen it coming! No trouble getting his work visa, then. :D

I think its a very bad move, he's just p*ssed away the few remaining good years of his career.

Bet Posh pushed him into it, wanting the Beverly Hills lifestyle and all that.

He'll drop off the radar soon, unless you watch Channel 5 at 5am!

I think he'll come to regret it later in life, he might as well have announced his retirement.

Sad to see him leave Europe though, he was a faithful servant for United.

Lets face it the man has enough out there.

He has his football acadamy and although he is a bit simple he knows how to make money and his missus will keep his image marketed until he is well past 90.

He will also get what he really wants- first team football week in week out.

Who wouldn't go for that kind of silly money?

Taz_786 said:
I think its a very bad move, he's just p*ssed away the few remaining good years of his career.

I think he'll come to regret it later in life, he might as well have announced his retirement.

Please explain how being the richest footballer ever, going to play in an almost permanently good climate for the next five years, surrounded by film stars is going to be regrettable?
If he hadn't been dropped from the national side he may never have gone. (He wasn't fit any more I will admit)
I can just see his family in twenty years saying "Dad what were you thinking? We could still be back in England, you blew our possible chance of a cushy eternity back in blighty, getting slagged off by all of those football experts."

civvygit said:
Taz_786 said:

Please explain how being the richest footballer ever, going to play in an almost permanently good climate for the next five years, surrounded by film stars is going to be regrettable?
If he hadn't been dropped from the national side he may never have gone. (He wasn't fit any more I will admit)
I can just see his family in twenty years saying "Dad what were you thinking? We could still be back in England, you blew our possible chance of a cushy eternity back in blighty, getting slagged off by all of those football experts."
Beckham will be 32 this year and apart from Chelsea, who else in the premiership would have been able to pick up the wage bill? Chelsea's midfield is sorted and Beckham could have brought nothing new to it anyway.

England have dropped him thus he is finished from top flight football.

Beckham with his reedy voice and non personality thinks LA is the place to get maximum exposure and maybe a future media career, his daft twiglet body missus thinks LA is the place where she can also do the same thing (acting/singing :D )

It has little to do with football, he will be a part time footballer like Franz Beckenbauer was at NY Cosmos in the 1970s along with Pele, Cubillas etc.

He wouldn't have gone anywhere else in the states. This move to LA is a retirement speech.

It's a circus and quite amusing. It's a tough one though, the chav ridden Trafford Centre with JJB, Top Man and Argos or superbabe ridden Boulevard LA with Gucci, Gucci and more Gucci!

...regret it later in life...just p1ssed away the few remaing good years of his career...

What a load of tosh...he is pushing 32, forever getting slated in the UK press, dropped from the England team, high cost of living and treated with little respect in the UK...of course he is going to go to LA for 128 million quid...he will be treated like a star again (whether he deserves it or not), probably to live in some palacial mansion, stardom for Mrs Becs once more...oh no...I think I'll just move back to the UK...NOT!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Forces_Sweetheart The Intelligence Cell 5
Forces_Sweetheart The Intelligence Cell 18
B The Intelligence Cell 2