Beckham back in England Squad

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by the_guru, May 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Given the past perfomances of the England team bringing back beckham was IMHO was a no-brainer. To make England a truly good team more needs to happen in getting more home grown talent into the top premiership teams, there is to many foreign players to allow the England team to develop. Yea i am scottish but our team is pump

2. Hmmm call me cynical but do the FA, in light of how poorly attended the last few England matches were, just want the Beckham fan club to ensure that Wembley is full to the rafters?

In any case its not going to make much difference on the pitch, Becks is a yesterday's man and England are still shyte :p

3. If I were Beckham I'd tell McLaren to shove it where the sun don't shine. He didn't want Becks to start with so fck em.

BT.

4. God no. He's done his bit and for most of the time did it well... but he's not going to do anything for the team now.

5. No doubt England are now in with a chance of winning Euro '08 now that 'Goldenballs' is back in the team....

:roll:

6. Its a pity Steve "I drop bollocks" McLaren is still in charge though

7. I think just getting there would do for the moment, before the ubiquitous car flags and window flags brighten the estates of this green and pleasant land.

8. Actually, after watching his last 3 or 4 games, I think he deserves to get recalled.
    After all, the way England are playing at the minute they need all the help they can get.

9. Lets face it, it can't get any worse!

10. It might be a ploy from the younger members of the squad to get him there to clean their boots as revenge.

In all honesty though if its on performance he is playing well but wonder how they can fit him in without stirring a few feathers.

11. Good forward thinking move by SM, nice to see the young future players getting a chance :roll:

12. When has he ever bothered about ruffelling a few feathers?

He does it to the whole of England every time he picks a team.

13. apparently jermaine pennant was delighted to pass up an england cap, to bring back an underperforming has-been.

14. After seeing the financially motivated way that Wembley is run first hand, it really wouldn't surprise me!