Beckett call on Labour leadership

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Mar 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6464553.stm

Gordon must have his coronation eh Margaret? There's going to be blood on the dance floor here, I wouldn't have believed Beckett and the leadership , can be so far divorced from their members they think this flagrant affront to leadership procedure will go unchallenged.

Until now.

2. Burn them all!

3. Perhaps she assumes that (party) election-less continuity is her best chance of staying at Cabinet level? She has hardly been impressive in her current portfolio and maybe self-preservation explains why she has hitched her caravan to Brown.

4. I don't think she has been impressive in any of her appointments. Another 'light-weight', old fashioned Labour, nonentity.

By the by, are we still paying for the fat oaf Prescott? If so, why?

Is the arrogant clown Hewitt (Labour's answer to Virginia Bottomley) still ruining the Health Service?

What if anything is 'Buff' Hoon doing?

We hear about the smarmy and indescribably dreadful Hain as he manoeuvres for advancement and self aggrandizement, and other slimy members of this corrupt and discredited government, not the three Vote Losers above - why?

Will a medal be issued for the 'Gorgon' Brown Coronation?

5. Bekkett mi arrse.
    john
    Who will rid me of the turbelent bucket ?

6. Why? Surely if they want the 'coronation' approach the next in line is not the Chancellor, but the Deputy PM!

7. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

To be fair if you put a donky in charge of this government it couldn't make a bigger balls up of it than the current crop of morons. Yes Prime/Minister was meant to be a comedy not policy.

8. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Trouble for Labour is much the same as when Maggie got hoofed out. There are few personalities in the Cabinet or within the Labour Party that are easily identifiable by members of the public.

The headlines always go to Bliar or Brown. There are a couple of other ministers (Blunkett - blind, adulterous and lying twat; Reid - scot, ex-marxist and HO fiascos; Beckett - ugly and...er, really, really ugly) whose characteristics and names are known but they are not of the grade that the public is likely to follow or vote for.

Brown has to be their great white hope for the next election. Trouble is, everyone knows that he is such a backstabbing, vindictive and micromanaging git, if he isn't given power automatically he will hold grudges enough to end the "collaboration" within the Party.

The Collective must be maintained. Mama Borg allows no equals..... :plotting:

edited once for duff fingers

9. Wasn't this the way the Communists picked their leaders?

10. I see she is following the example of the caravan club. Same chairman since 1990, regular 'democratic' elections to confirm his position, but no serious challengers put forward - or none at all.

11. I don't know in_the_cheapseats my pal, I've always thought she was attractive to look at in a 'Not Nicole Kidman' sort of way. Long aquiline nose and not a bad shape.

It might come as a shock to you, and many of my admirers, but - I would.

OK, I've heard all the:

'You'd sh*g the barber's floor if it had hair on it', and
    'You'd b*nk the crack of dawn if it was furry'

jokes.

12. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Good God, man! For all our sakes, go see a shrink immediately. Perversions like yours need to be stamped out! :thumleft:

13. I can see them running an election purely to keep everyone happy and show that the Party is democratic. But I bet they put forward only lightweights to challenge Gordon.

Face it, guys, we are stuck with Gordon until the next General Election!

Litotes

14. Mods,

Surely, this thread must now go into the NAAFI (or worse)! Isquared has quite put me off my lunch!

Litotes

15. From your avatar you appear to be Welsh. That figures. :biggrin:

Labour Leadership?....A contradiction in terms, surely?