Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Because 'Straya mate!

I missed yesterdays posts because with a 40+ degree day being bad enough insult was added to injury when the mains power went out at 2 in the afternoon. According to the website it was going to be fixed by 16:00, then 18:00, then 20:00. Apparently it was an "underground cable fault" which, when we phoned the hotline at 20:05, was going to be rectified by 20:00 21st January (next Monday). A quick snotty phone call to the human at the help desk found that this was a mistake on the part of the engineer who updated the automatic message... It would now be 22:00 last night.

It finally came back at just short of 01:00 this morning. By that point (it was still 30 degrees outside) the house alarm which had been beeping every 30 seconds to remind me it was on battery had decided that it was getting close to the end of the battery life and was squealing in a continuous high pitched whine.

This morning it was heading into another 40+ degree overcast (so hot and humid) day. Still with the cllud cover I could still drive the car with some comfort, yesterday it had been sunny all day so the temp inside the car was 70+ degrees ( I know this because the little LCD thermometer on the dash goes completely black), the steering wheel was too hot to grasp with the palm of the hand and my sunglasses left scorch marks on my ears and nose....

But apart from that do you like living in Brecon?

I missed yesterdays posts because with a 40+ degree day being bad enough insult was added to injury when the mains power went out at 2 in the afternoon. According to the website it was going to be fixed by 16:00, then 18:00, then 20:00. Apparently it was an "underground cable fault" which, when we phoned the hotline at 20:05, was going to be rectified by 20:00 21st January (next Monday). A quick snotty phone call to the human at the help desk found that this was a mistake on the part of the engineer who updated the automatic message... It would now be 22:00 last night.

It finally came back at just short of 01:00 this morning. By that point (it was still 30 degrees outside) the house alarm which had been beeping every 30 seconds to remind me it was on battery had decided that it was getting close to the end of the battery life and was squealing in a continuous high pitched whine.

This morning it was heading into another 40+ degree overcast (so hot and humid) day. Still with the cllud cover I could still drive the car with some comfort, yesterday it had been sunny all day so the temp inside the car was 70+ degrees ( I know this because the little LCD thermometer on the dash goes completely black), the steering wheel was too hot to grasp with the palm of the hand and my sunglasses left scorch marks on my ears and nose....
Great place to live...my sister from Victoria rang yesterday evening (UK time) and seems to gloat that it was going to be in the 40s later in the day. She is morbidly obese so either sits in her air-conditioned bungalow or waddles out to the pool. I hope the power goes off and she can sweat off some of the lard.

Coopers is my ale of choice. On tap it should be cloudy. The nearest Australia does to a proper beer.

VB. Is absofuckinglutely shite. It’s for singlet wearing, mullet topped, Holden ute driving bogan wife beaters. The sort that think Midnight Oil are a global super group, that football is played with a oval ball and that foreplay involves sheila bracing herself.

Great place to live...my sister from Victoria rang yesterday evening (UK time) and seems to gloat that it was going to be in the 40s later in the day. She is morbidly obese so either sits in her air-conditioned bungalow or waddles out to the pool. I hope the power goes off and she can sweat off some of the lard.

She's hardly alone. When I go back to Australia (from Thailand) I am always struck by how many obese women are about the traps.

Coopers is my ale of choice. On tap it should be cloudy. The nearest Australia does to a proper beer.

VB. Is absofuckinglutely shite. It’s for singlet wearing, mullet topped, Holden ute driving bogan wife beaters. The sort that think Midnight Oil are a global super group, that football is played with a oval ball and that foreplay involves sheila bracing herself.
Nah, ACDC is their band of choice.

Apart from that, you are correct.