Because 'Straya mate!

Assuming you mean the Noosa River?
Yes, Noosa river. I'm generally out on the river a day a week, and offshore a couple of days more. There are a lot of sharks about at the moment, all up and down the coast, largely because the palegics are thick on the back of the northerly currents.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Yes, Noosa river. I'm generally out on the river a day a week, and offshore a couple of days more. There are a lot of sharks about at the moment, all up and down the coast, largely because the palegics are thick on the back of the northerly currents.
Pelagics.

Paul Parker from Nelligan is on the receiving end of a lifetime of free beers (and rightly so)

Looks like he got more than just free beers - his DCM.

'The Rural Fire Service firefighter who gave Scott Morrison a piece of his mind during the bushfire crisis has said he was sacked after he unloaded on television.

'Appearing on The Project with his wife Tanya, Paul Parker said, “The message I got was about time you brought the truck back because we were about to send the police to go look for you. And then there were further comments with gestures and arm movements saying that I’m finished. It’s all over,” he told The Project. “Another captain from another brigade within Batemans Bay came out and I asked him the question, I said: ‘What’s going on?’ He said: ‘You’re finished because of your allegations and foul language against the PM of the country while representing the RFS’.'

Of course they have, Dean. Mate, step away from the Bundy!

'Australia's yowie population has taken a hit following the devastating bushfire season, according to a supposed expert. Dean Harrison from Australian Yowie Research has been studying the mythical creatures for 20 years and claims to have had many encounters with the hairy beasts on Queensland's Gold Coast. He said there had been a 'change in behaviour as' bushfires forced yowies further inland.

'Despite the ongoing dangers of the fires, Mr Harrison doesn't believe any yowie was injured because of their strong sense of smell and speed of 70km/h. "Yowies can traverse the most extreme terrain and can grapple straight up sheer rockfaces." Dead yowie bodies have not yet been spotted because 'they will take care of their dead', Mr Harrison explained.'

par avion

War Hero
Of course they have, Dean. Mate, step away from the Bundy!

'Australia's yowie population has taken a hit following the devastating bushfire season, according to a supposed expert. Dean Harrison from Australian Yowie Research has been studying the mythical creatures for 20 years and claims to have had many encounters with the hairy beasts on Queensland's Gold Coast. He said there had been a 'change in behaviour as' bushfires forced yowies further inland.

'Despite the ongoing dangers of the fires, Mr Harrison doesn't believe any yowie was injured because of their strong sense of smell and speed of 70km/h. "Yowies can traverse the most extreme terrain and can grapple straight up sheer rockfaces." Dead yowie bodies have not yet been spotted because 'they will take care of their dead', Mr Harrison explained.'

Are they related to Yeti's and the Abominable Snowman ?

Are they related to Yeti's and the Abominable Snowman ?
More akin to Sasquatch and Bigfoot.

To be honest, I believe in them.

Here's a story of two neighbours who chased a few yowies over the years, to the point that the police also got involved chasing them.

Last edited:

Latest Threads