Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Because 'Straya mate!

To be fair to Banker he didn't say he actually took the picture himself
He did say "from this morning", whereas the photo appeared to have been on the internet for a number of days prior.

He did say "from this morning", whereas the photo appeared to have been on the internet for a number of days prior.

Hmm missed that.... maybe a bit of artistic licence but generally harmless I think, he got carried away with the morning splendour and enthusiasm to display to those who live is more down at heel locations to up their game (note to banker : always attribute)

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

.....I think he said he lives around Noosa..... if so lucky blighter

I do, Sunshine Beach..........and I'm sitting here at 0020, packed and warned for evacuation from a bushfire. Peregian has been pretty hard hit, they're the next village south of us.......just bush in the way mostly.

Perhaps not so lucky this time.........I guess we'll see overnight. Wind blowing in our direction, sky an eerie orange.

I do, Sunshine Beach..........and I'm sitting here at 0020, packed and warned for evacuation from a bushfire. Peregian has been pretty hard hit, they're the next village south of us.......just bush in the way mostly.

Perhaps not so lucky this time.........I guess we'll see overnight. Wind blowing in our direction, sky an eerie orange.

Stay safe and good luck.

No smoke on the water; hopefully it will stay that way!

14 houses lost in Peregian, very sad for those families. Few people who evacuated stayed with us overnight. Community coming together, as ever, in these circumstances. Smoke now coming our way.......evacuation plan in place......do I save guitars or wine......decisions.

Get that up 'ya, Marmite!:p

UTS_Vegemite_in_Space_a752.jpg

'(T)o mark a year of the new Australian Space Agency, students from the Professional Aeronautics and Astronautics Society at the University of Technology Sydney launched two slices of toast with Vegemite to the edge of space.

'Admittedly this was aboard a balloon rather than a rocket, which didn’t actually make it to the edge of space, defined as the Karman line, the boundary of the Earth’s atmosphere and space – around 100 kilometres up. The UTS balloon appears to have made it part of the way, though it’s not clear just how far.'

Get that up 'ya, Marmite!:p

UTS_Vegemite_in_Space_a752.jpg

'(T)o mark a year of the new Australian Space Agency, students from the Professional Aeronautics and Astronautics Society at the University of Technology Sydney launched two slices of toast with Vegemite to the edge of space.

'Admittedly this was aboard a balloon rather than a rocket, which didn’t actually make it to the edge of space, defined as the Karman line, the boundary of the Earth’s atmosphere and space – around 100 kilometres up. The UTS balloon appears to have made it part of the way, though it’s not clear just how far.'

That will ward away all those lunatic aliens from invading the earth...

First time I've heard of anyone dying from a magpie attack

Well, the accident that most likely resulted in his demise could be linked to the magpie, but the death is linked to the sudden stop rather than the feathered fiend. Was he wearing a cycling helmet? Did he follow the warning advice to dismount? Thought not, so could be a candidate for both EM(PBUH) and Darwin threads.
magpie.png

'The 76-year-old was riding his bicycle in Woonona yesterday morning when the bird started to swoop so he rode off the path in an effort to escape. He then crashed into a fence post, was thrown to the ground and suffered serious head injuries. Locals performed CPR on him until an ambulance arrived, before he was airlifted to St George Hospital in a critical condition. Despite medical efforts he died last night.'

Last edited: